Windows 10: Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install

Discus and support Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just did a full reset on my Lenovo Legion Y540 and then reinstalled windows with usb and now it will sometimes launch into windows login screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SentFromSpace, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install

I have just did a full reset on my Lenovo Legion Y540 and then reinstalled windows with usb and now it will sometimes launch into windows login screen, but will shortly freeze and then I get blue screen with "critical process died". I am not sure what to do since I can't test safe mode or anything. Any help appreciated.

:)

SentFromSpace, Mar 29, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2023
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install

Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows

Hi Shhiwan0804,
    Thanks for the response. My NVIDIA driver version is 30.0.14.7111. My computer usually boots fine, fyi, it just crashes randomly afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the lack of response joeandmarg0. Here's what I get when I click "view technical details".
    Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install 25072542t-random-freezing-critical_process_died-even-after-resetting-windows-explorer_2ffx0br38i.png

I'll try running memtest and crystalmark today. I don't have much experience with them, are there any specific settings I should set when running those tests?
    I have no handyman skills and had no success with the commonly recommended rubber band method, so I honestly doubt I'll ever be able to get them out myself. The duct tape method sounds interesting though, what is it?
    Edit: I ran crystaldiskmark on both my drives. The first screenshot is of the drive that came with my laptop, the second is of the one I bought and installed:

Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install 74620t-random-freezing-critical_process_died-even-after-resetting-windows-diskmark64s_pzgbyfyxku.png

Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install 74662t-random-freezing-critical_process_died-even-after-resetting-windows-diskmark64s_ehta5mubci.png

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I think it stopped crashing, but I don't want to call it too soon. Should I mark this as solved or what? Sorry, this is my first time posting on a forum like this.

Steve03948, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install

1. Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install - Similar Threads - freezing CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset

2. Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install: I have just did a full reset on my Lenovo Legion Y540 and then reinstalled windows with usb and now it will sometimes launch into windows login screen, but will shortly freeze and then I get blue screen with "critical process died". I am not sure what to do since I can't test...
  3. Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing and then CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED reset and new install: I have just did a full reset on my Lenovo Legion Y540 and then reinstalled windows with usb and now it will sometimes launch into windows login screen, but will shortly freeze and then I get blue screen with "critical process died". I am not sure what to do since I can't test...
  4. Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows: I'm running Windows version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081). Recently, I tried reinstalling Windows from a USB drive to see if that'd fix the occasional crashes I was getting. It didn't. My computer will usually boot up fine, but after several minutes of use it'll suddenly slow...
  5. New windows install computer freezes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New windows install computer freezes.: This might be a bit long winded but I want to make sure that I don’t leave details out as more details allow for better troubleshooting. Recently my computer has been having issues that when loading something like a loading screen in a game, my computer will crash, screens go...
  6. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Stuck at 'Reset this PC'

Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Stuck at 'Reset this PC': Last night when I tried to login to my Acer windows 10 laptop, it was stuck at the login screen for a long time. So I did a hard restart. After the restart, it was stuck at the 'acer' screen for a long time. So, I did the following: 1. I did an abrupt hard shut down 2 times...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.: I recently put together a system. It worked well for maybe 2 weeks before I started getting this message that says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". Im now trying to reinstall windows but it now happens in the windows installation. Other points to note, I did stress test on my system...
  8. Windows 10 freezing New install

Windows 10 freezing New install: Hi i have a problem that are continuing for 2 days after i bought a Windows 10 Home and i installed to a clean SSD ... i installed a Windows 10 fro my USB drive.. I deleted my old files and Windows 7 Professional and did a clean install .. but my Windows 10 is freezing...
  9. Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: A few months ago I built a new pc, and I've been experiencing BSODs once or twice a week using it. I already tried: updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers ran memtest86 with no issues ran Sfc /scannow with no issues ran chkdsk with no issues scanned...
  10. Dell XPS 13 Crashing on Factory Reset (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 13 Crashing on Factory Reset (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED): Im trying to factory reset on my Dell XPS 13 however everytime I choose any option in the 'Reset My PC' menu, it loads, restarts my laptop and then crashes with the blue screen containing error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. How do I resolve this? I've owned my XPS for 3...