Windows 10: Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install

Discus and support Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using windows 11 insider build. After that i clean installed windows 10 21H1 and the device has become too laggy and slow and unresponsive. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anurag_Pal, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install

I was using windows 11 insider build. After that i clean installed windows 10 21H1 and the device has become too laggy and slow and unresponsive. Tried clean install many times but nothing worked.8GB Ram512GB SSD m.2Acer aspire 5s laptop.

:)

Anurag_Pal, Sep 8, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 8, 2021
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install

1. Windows freezing/becoming unresponsive too laggy after clean install - Similar Threads - freezing becoming unresponsive

2. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.: Whenever i try to play a game, for example rust, when i load in my game freezes dispite 100+fps and becomes unresponsive. However i can still hear the gamesound but my screen is frozen and tells me to wait for it to respond or close the program. When i checked the event...
  3. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.: Whenever i try to play a game, for example rust, when i load in my game freezes dispite 100+fps and becomes unresponsive. However i can still hear the gamesound but my screen is frozen and tells me to wait for it to respond or close the program. When i checked the event...
  4. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  6. Windows slowly freezes, becomes unresponsible

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows slowly freezes, becomes unresponsible: I've been having this odd issue where watching YouTube late at night, the video will pause while the audio continues. Sometimes pressing Escape will get me out of the fullscreen video, most of the time it will not. Sometimes menus will load, sometimes they won't. Sometimes...
  7. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...
  8. My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse sometimes becomes unresponsive and laggy: Hello, I have some issues with my wireless mouse,it is a brand new gembird mouse,and it becomes unresponsive and laggy sometimes,so I would please you to tell me everything I can do to fix this issue. My Windows version is : Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)....
  9. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard becomes unresponsive / laggy.: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard The issue with the keyboard is that is constantly seems to become laggy, missing key presses or just becomes totally no-responsive. This seems to start to happen after it is not used for a while as if it is...
  10. Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive: Hello, I've been having the same problem for about 2 years now where my PC sometimes will run perfectly normal but sometimes it will become entirely unresponsive. The screen will freeze except for the mouse but nothing will respond when I click it and when I hover over the...