Windows 10: Windows "Freezing" but not BSOD'ing

Discus and support Windows "Freezing" but not BSOD'ing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been having a lot of issues troubleshooting this, and have tried uninstalling several updates, I think I am back to october in windows versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tsumei, Nov 19, 2019.

1. /u/Tsumei Win User

Windows "Freezing" but not BSOD'ing

I've been having a lot of issues troubleshooting this, and have tried uninstalling several updates, I think I am back to october in windows versions now, and it persisted throughout.

The issue is a little tough to explain, so imagine the scenario; You're playing a game on one screen, you have teamspeak and maybe a video on another monitor. Usually, the sound cuts first. Just no sound. Then, you realise teamspeak itself is freaking out, it still lights up when people talk, but it won't respond to input.

Occasionally the game you're playing will run like hell (probably 300% speed or something, and then freeze.)
    I've also experienced the game continuing to run, without sound while everything else in the OS is freezing.
    The game eventually also did, but full minutes later.

Opening task manager does show statistics, and they might be correct for the moment you launched it, but memory, cpu etc. are all within normal ranges
    (I think they might be correct because in heavier application loads they do show a reasonable amount of ram usage)

But this is basically unresolveable from any action I can take, because windows search or run will not start; I can occasionally still navigate a browser, but it's extremely slow. Other unconnected apps have worked, like the realtek audio drivers. - But again, no audio.

I'm kind of at a loss about it all. This computer was working flawlessly until microsoft started forcing updates. The first ones forced me to update my BIOS, otherwise my USB hubs were not being read correctly.
    Latter ones forced me to deal with audio issues, and now this.

The main question I guess I have, if noone has similar problems or solutions; Which version of windows should I clean install and not let microsoft ever update ever.

submitted by /u/Tsumei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tsumei, Nov 19, 2019
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Nov 19, 2019
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Windows "Freezing" but not BSOD'ing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows "Freezing" but not BSOD'ing

1. Windows "Freezing" but not BSOD'ing - Similar Threads - Freezing BSOD'ing

2. Windows Freezing and Screen Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Freezing and Screen Glitch: Please help for this eror, My Laptop keep freezing for no reason. I just browsing and no heavy software are running.Last time i check to the Asus Center it needs to replace the NVMe and after that the freeze happen again.My Laptop spec:Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZR12th Gen...
  3. Windows Freezing and Screen Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Freezing and Screen Glitch: Please help for this eror, My Laptop keep freezing for no reason. I just browsing and no heavy software are running.Last time i check to the Asus Center it needs to replace the NVMe and after that the freeze happen again.My Laptop spec:Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZR12th Gen...
  4. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  5. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  6. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  7. Computer randomly freezing and then BSOD'ing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly freezing and then BSOD'ing.: For the past several months, I've had a reoccuring issue with my PC randomly freezing, and then after a while, getting a BSOD, after which it restarts.Usually everything freezes, as in audio, cursor and screen, but occassionally, I can move my cursor around for a while, or I...
  8. Computer randomly freezing and then BSOD'ing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezing and then BSOD'ing.: For the past several months, I've had a reoccuring issue with my PC randomly freezing, and then after a while, getting a BSOD, after which it restarts.Usually everything freezes, as in audio, cursor and screen, but occassionally, I can move my cursor around for a while, or I...
  9. Computer randomly freezing and then BSOD'ing.

10. Computer keeps freezing and BSOD'ing whenever gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing and BSOD'ing whenever gaming.: Hi all. I just build a PC with the help of some friends. The specs are as follows: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SSD: WD Blue 1 TB Video Card: MSI Radeo RX 5600 XT PSU: Corsair RMx 750 W All drivers and the...