Windows 10: Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates

Discus and support Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've noticed this on atleast 6 different forced updates from microsoft. We all know how these unneeded updates are forced on everyone who uses windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spirit_mouse, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates

I've noticed this on atleast 6 different forced updates from microsoft. We all know how these unneeded updates are forced on everyone who uses windows, but lately we've been given false hope. Microsoft recently has acted like you have a choice on when to update. That's simply not true. In fact, if you don't update, microsoft will go as far as freezing up your OS and or harddrive.(Most people say that windows freezes and makes that constant robot freezing noise.)

I've dealt with this several times. My laptop never freezes up, unless i don't update windows when microsoft tells me to.But of course after my laptop freezes, i shut it down, always resulting in a forced update install with no choice or warning whatsoever. Not even a percentage download/install screen here lately.

That's all. Anyone one else who experiences this please comment below. It destroyed one of my laptops already. If you didn't know, you are not suppose to simply shut down your OS. It needs to properly shut down. This often results in bad HD sectors, and can obviously lead to loss of countless hours work,pics,vids,files. Not to mention physical items and electronics. Luckily i suffered only physical losses and most everything was backed up by me the previous day.

submitted by /u/spirit_mouse
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spirit_mouse, Apr 29, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 29, 2021
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates

1. Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates - Similar Threads - Freezing Computers Force

2. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  3. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  4. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

5. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

7. Snip & Sketch freezes entire computer forcing a restart

Snip & Sketch freezes entire computer forcing a restart: I would like to know if there is a fix for this issue that I can perform or ask my IT department to perform—because of admin permissions. I use Snip & Sketch on a regular basis. It's an exceptionally useful and versatile tool. Unfortunately, over the past few months, I've...
  8. Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.: Dear Sirs, I have now for a few weeks suffered from Windows 10 freezing up when playing War Thunder through Steam. Occasionally I have recieved a BSOD but 95% of the time it is only a freeze followed by two failed attempts to log in to Windows freeze again at windows start...
  9. Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart

Computer randomly freezes causing a force shutdown/restart: My computer randomly freezes causing me to have to force a shutdown or restart. There is no malware and I've tried disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome. I noticed this started happening after the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter was removed in version 1809. My NVIDIA...
  10. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...