Windows 10: windows freezing during update

Discus and support windows freezing during update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the last windows update did not totally load. It stopped at 35%. My surface pro is now stuck and will not boot properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jhall2013, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Jhall2013 Win User

windows freezing during update

the last windows update did not totally load. It stopped at 35%. My surface pro is now stuck and will not boot properly.

:)

Jhall2013, Sep 27, 2018
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Sep 27, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows freezing during update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

Windows update freezes

Hi,

If your Windows 10 freezes while updating, it could be due to corrupted or incompatible drivers or system files, or third-party application conflicts. We suggest you to run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and press
      Enter on the keyboard.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Windows Update from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend you to follow the instructions provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. windows freezing during update - Similar Threads - freezing during update

2. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  3. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  4. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  5. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  6. Computer freezes during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes during update: I just reinstall my system and I install windows 10 (1809) During the automatic update (to 1909) my computer just freezes. I can't even restart it because it freezes during the loading. All I can do is to run troubleshooting options and run in safe mode. The problem is that I...
  7. Soft freeze during Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Soft freeze during Windows Update: New desktop just froze?. I had the Windows Update tab open in Settings and it seems to have gotten stuck on an install. It's been like this for an hour now. About halfway through, the whole window just turned into my theme color. For awhile, I could move the cursor and...
  8. PC freezes during updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes during updates.: I have read all the emails sent about this and the main point I want to make is this - the screen goes blank when the upgrade starts and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do - I cannot power the PC off as the on/off switch does NOTHING and I cannot use ctrl alt delete to...
  9. Freeze at 33% during update to 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Freeze at 33% during update to 1709: Running 1703 on Intel Hardware w/ SoundBlaster audio and Nvidia GPU. Samsung SSD. Peripherals include wireless 360 receiver and Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse dongle. Machine badgering me about updating to FCU, and "chooses" to update even when I tell it specifically...
  10. Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update: My computer is Windows 10 64 bit Intel core i7 processor 2600 Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1280 MB 128 GB solid state drive + 2 TB Hard drive I've tried restarting multiple times. It keeps freezing. I attempted a recovery but it wouldn't work. Attempted to run CMD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freezes during update

2. windows 17763 freezes during update

3. windows phone freezes during setup