Windows 10: Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive

Discus and support Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having the same problem for about 2 years now where my PC sometimes will run perfectly normal but sometimes it will become entirely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bluelink44., Mar 7, 2020.

1. Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive

Hello,

I've been having the same problem for about 2 years now where my PC sometimes will run perfectly normal but sometimes it will become entirely unresponsive. The screen will freeze except for the mouse but nothing will respond when I click it and when I hover over the taskbar the mouse pointer turns into the spinning blue wheel. Pressing ctrl+alt+delete also doesn't work in this state.

I've only ever been able to solve this problem by restoring my PC which is a pain because I have to reinstall all of my programs and this has only ever been a temporary fix. After a few months it starts freezing again.

Here are some of my PC specs:

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 4 CPUs ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

:)

bluelink44., Mar 7, 2020

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 7, 2020
  3. contant short freezes on tablet

Hi Nedim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because programs hangs and freezes on tablet.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Please answer the query, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. We will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

1. Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

2. Random Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

3. Generic Freeze: Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

4. Single-app Freeze: Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

For further assistance and more information, I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check, if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive

Win10 Freezing/Unresponsive Frequently

None of the suggested have been a successful fix...

I have been testing a theory with my Antec Liquid Cooling driver for its fan control program. I have noticed that when Windows does freeze/crash the CPU usage is not high (below 40%) and the temperature is also not a high range (35-58C). My motherboard came
    with a program that will actively change the CPU fan speeds, so far this has been disabled since I have used Antec's own software for it. I have disabled Antec's program and and strictly running my CPU fan control off of the ASUS MB installed. So far it has
    been a success, no freeze in the last 3 hours whereas before I was getting a freeze upwards of every 30 minutes. I will continue to monitor it to see if that driver was not compatible with Win10 since it never threw a fit with Win7.

Robert S.88, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive

1. Windows freezing frequently and becoming entirely unresponsive - Similar Threads - freezing frequently becoming

2. Frequent freezing that causes my computer to become unresponsive started a few days ago,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent freezing that causes my computer to become unresponsive started a few days ago,...: I updated my gpu drivers and windows updated to the most recent windows 11 update but the issue persists. I managed to get a dump file right after the freezing happened but I am not sure how to read it. I have linked it here. NOTE: this started before I updated my gpu....
  3. Frequent freezing that causes my computer to become unresponsive started a few days ago,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent freezing that causes my computer to become unresponsive started a few days ago,...: I updated my gpu drivers and windows updated to the most recent windows 11 update but the issue persists. I managed to get a dump file right after the freezing happened but I am not sure how to read it. I have linked it here. NOTE: this started before I updated my gpu....
  4. Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.: Dell XPS 8940Windows 11 ProVersion 22h211th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz64.0 GB RAMTwo Drive 1.84 TB It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I...
  5. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.: Whenever i try to play a game, for example rust, when i load in my game freezes dispite 100+fps and becomes unresponsive. However i can still hear the gamesound but my screen is frozen and tells me to wait for it to respond or close the program. When i checked the event...
  6. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.: Whenever i try to play a game, for example rust, when i load in my game freezes dispite 100+fps and becomes unresponsive. However i can still hear the gamesound but my screen is frozen and tells me to wait for it to respond or close the program. When i checked the event...
  7. Game unexpectedly freezing and becoming unresponsive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive

computer freezes on boot up and becomes unresponsive: This is the screen it always starts on and freezes, ive tried shutting it down and rebooting, i cant access booting options since it freezes almost as soon as it turns on. This happened once before, i left it alone for about a month until i was ready to deal with it but it...
  9. Windows slowly freezes, becomes unresponsible

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows slowly freezes, becomes unresponsible: I've been having this odd issue where watching YouTube late at night, the video will pause while the audio continues. Sometimes pressing Escape will get me out of the fullscreen video, most of the time it will not. Sometimes menus will load, sometimes they won't. Sometimes...
  10. Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes and becomes unresponsive: Hi all, For a few days now, after a few minutes of use the computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reboot because there is no other solution. For example, when this happens, I am able to move the pinned icons from the bottom bar anywhere. I have done the last...