Windows 10: Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

Discus and support Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by uncleschaeflit, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

Since a Windows update in October 2019, my computer freezes multiple times per day. And by freeze, I mean screen goes static and nothing responds. The only solution is to hold down the power button.

I've followed the steps in Performance and Install Integrity Checklist to no avail.

I have not yet resinstalled Windows fresh because I don't want to do that until I know Windows is the culprit.

Is there any way I can check what is causing the freezing?

The Reliability Monitor only displays "Windows was not properly shut down."

Thanks.

:)

uncleschaeflit, Dec 4, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 4, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day

1. Windows Freezing Multiple Times Per Day - Similar Threads - Freezing Multiple Times

2. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day: Hello -A user here is experiencing an weird issue with windows explorer, at least I think that's the core of the issue.It started with her not being able to open files inside of a zip folder. She double clicks on the files, and nothing happens. After unzipping the files, the...
  3. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day: Hello -A user here is experiencing an weird issue with windows explorer, at least I think that's the core of the issue.It started with her not being able to open files inside of a zip folder. She double clicks on the files, and nothing happens. After unzipping the files, the...
  4. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  6. Constant BSOD, multiple times per day

Constant BSOD, multiple times per day: It's been a recurring issue for a few months on my custom-built desktop. At first, the errors ranged from a variety of things, but after applying solutions I've found on these support threads and elsewhere, the only error I get anymore is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I can't for...
  7. My Computer Freezes Multiple Times a Day

My Computer Freezes Multiple Times a Day: I have been having this issue where my pc will freeze after watching a video. I have no problem playing games, or really anything besides full screen videos. Usually my computer will freeze 2-3 times in a full day of use. In Event Viewer, before every freeze, I see event...
  8. Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day

Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day: Hi All, Windows 2004 crashes many several times per day even without actual user activity. Does anyone know how I can open a support ticket and supply the latest crashdump file?...
  9. PC freezing multiple times per day

PC freezing multiple times per day: I've been having issues over the past month or so where my PC will freeze/lock up randomly. The issue has been worse as of recently, just yesterday it froze around 6 or 7 times, a couple times it even froze as my PC was starting up. I've tried many things such as fixing...
  10. Family - multiple time limits per day

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family - multiple time limits per day: I want my child to be able to use her laptop during school hours, but have time limited while at home. How can I set up multiple time limits per day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-multiple-time-limits-per-day/713af6a0-b30d-4845-a4f0-1f60398028be"