Windows 10: Windows freezing since last update

Discus and support Windows freezing since last update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Momarroo, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Momarroo Win User

Windows freezing since last update

Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to get out of the screen. This happens across the board, not just in a browser. Do I just wait for the next update to "correct" this or is there something I can do?

:)

Momarroo, Nov 26, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Windows update freezes

Hi,

If your Windows 10 freezes while updating, it could be due to corrupted or incompatible drivers or system files, or third-party application conflicts. We suggest you to run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and press
      Enter on the keyboard.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Windows Update from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend you to follow the instructions provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 26, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows freezing since last update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows freezing since last update - Similar Threads - freezing since last

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer freezing daily since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing daily since last update: My machine has been freezing daily since the last update, it never did that before. I tried looking online to see how to diagnose the issue but have not been successful. Has anyone else been having the same problem? Is Microsoft aware of this? Any plans to fix or diagnose it?...
  6. Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.: Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze when Advertisements change. Mouse function stops and if you move the cursor to a different spot, your last click will happen where the cursor is located thus causing errors in the game...
  7. since last windows 10 update the computer freezes on the restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    since last windows 10 update the computer freezes on the restart: Since the last windows 10 update my computer locks up on the restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-windows-10-update-the-computer-freezes/7aa32692-972f-49b0-b491-405c94da19e4
  8. File explorer freezing since the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing since the last update: I have been unable to use File Explorer since yesterday, coinciding with the installation of update KB4570505. File Explorer will open and run for a few seconds before freezing and displaying "not responding". I am unable to uninstall the update. I tried running a sfc...
  9. Freezes since last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes since last update: I updated to the last update and when i turn on the computer in the first time my mouse freezes when move it and the sound has microshutering. If i tried to restart the computer not restart, stays on the screen restarting... I force the power off and in the second post, the...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538