Windows 10: Windows Freezing Very Randomly

Discus and support Windows Freezing Very Randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've been having an issue with I presume Windows 10 on my newly built gaming PC. Out of nowhere, usually when watching YouTube / Twitch or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kai-El, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Kai-El Win User

Windows Freezing Very Randomly

So I've been having an issue with I presume Windows 10 on my newly built gaming PC. Out of nowhere, usually when watching YouTube / Twitch or something, the picture just freezes. I can move my mouse around, and hear anything in the background, but everything else seems frozen. When I go to the desktop, I can drag my mouse around, and right click, but if I click "refresh", the refresh icon stays put on the screen. I can also pause YouTube videos, or move windows around, but they remain frozen after I do so. If I try to sign out, it just sits there trying to sign out forever. I also tried putting it into sleep mode once, and it blue screened when I did so. This happens every few days very randomly. Gaming works great on it. I'm currently thinking it may have been Google Chrome causing the issue, but I have no idea if it is, or why it would happen. I tried turning off hardware acceleration, but no fix.

I had Windows 10 Pro installed, reinstalled Windows many times, and stuck with 10 Home just to be sure, but the issue proceeds. All drivers are up to date, including Windows, the MOBO, GPU, etc.

I built it myself, which I've done many times before. Here are my specs just in case they're needed.

Ryzen 7 3800x Currently Unlocked Frequency; I tried it clocked at 3.9GHz, issue still happened

32GB RAM @ 3000MHz, can go to 3200MHz

ASUS GTX 1080

850W PSU

MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO

Windows is installed on a Corsair MP600 PCi 4.0 m.2

I also have an extra SATA SSD, but believe this issue still happened on that, but not 100% sure.

In order to power down the PC, I have to resort to either holding down the power button, or flicking the switch on the PSU, which really feels terrible to do, but I have to.

Temps are totally fine, so I don't think it's overheating. Can anyone help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Kai-El, Sep 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Windows Freezing Very Randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Freezing Very Randomly

1. Windows Freezing Very Randomly - Similar Threads - Freezing Very Randomly

2. Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage: Honestly, this started happening like a year ago, but I've kind of just ignored it, since the computer is still usable, but it will just randomly freeze for like 20 seconds. In really bad scenarios is will freeze for like a minute or more, but those are generally very rare....
  3. Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage: Honestly, this started happening like a year ago, but I've kind of just ignored it, since the computer is still usable, but it will just randomly freeze for like 20 seconds. In really bad scenarios is will freeze for like a minute or more, but those are generally very rare....
  4. Windows 10 freezes sometimes at random with very high bandwidth usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.: Hi Therei recently updatedmy windows 8.1 to 10, and I'm having an huge performance issue.Everything lags. Strucks. And simple operations, opening files, programs, everything lags.it has became so slow that booting takes minutes.It is so slow that in now search button's also...
  6. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.: Hi Therei recently updatedmy windows 8.1 to 10, and I'm having an huge performance issue.Everything lags. Strucks. And simple operations, opening files, programs, everything lags.it has became so slow that booting takes minutes.It is so slow that in now search button's also...
  7. Windows 10 very very very Slow. Freezes. Lags. Randomly.

8. PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?

in Windows 10 Support
    PC very randomly freezing...hardware or software?: Hi, Originally was going to post this on the Intel NUC forums, but you guys seem more helpful. I'm having issues with my Intel NUC Phantom Canyon NUC11PHKi7CAA (i7 with RTX 2060 mobile) . It has developed a random freezing issue, which is a big problem as I'm using this as my...
  9. Random and very frequent freezing on 1909

Random and very frequent freezing on 1909: Hi! I am on 1909 build of windows 10 home. I am facing some serious freezing issues for about 2 months since I updated to this build. my computer freezes for a couple of seconds every other minute leaving me completely frustrated. For those couple of seconds, my CPU usage...
  10. windows freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows freezing randomly: for the last few days my laptop (with windows 10) is freezing randomly ,specially when i am trying to open my movies folder and try to delete something.After 5 -7 mins explorer start to work again but then it started to freezing randomly ......