Windows 10: Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update

Discus and support Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with Windows 10 restarting ever since my system updated to the 1903 release. It was updated at 7:21am on August 11, and my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark329, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Mark329 Win User

Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update

I'm having trouble with Windows 10 restarting ever since my system updated to the 1903 release. It was updated at 7:21am on August 11, and my computer has now been restarting from 2 to 6 times a day. The first restart happened at 8:24am on August 11, just over an hour after the start of the update.

Some details on the restarts:

1. When it restarts, it presents as a power loss or failure. The computer instantly shuts down as though it lost power, sits for about 2 seconds and restarts. There are no local power surges, and power remains on to other devices connected to the same circuit

2. It most often happens within a minute after the computer starts to idle. This is repeatable and can be reproduced. All I have to do is let my computer sit idle for roughly 5-15 minutes and it shuts down as though there was a power failure and restarts. It happens every single time I let the computer sit idle. I have had it happen three times while actively using the computer, but unlike with idling I'm not able to reproduce this at will.

3. Event viewer shows each restart as an error 41, kernel-power error. Below is the most recent event viewer log. All of the restarts appear identical to this log aside from the date and time, including the ones that occur while I'm actively using the system:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-08-16T07:13:07.225079500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1824</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-K34FK4I</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Steps I have already taken to try and fix this with no improvement after attempting to troubleshoot this on my own using other user's tip who have reported similar issues:

1. I have checked for loose connections on my power supply and confirmed there is no overheating.

2. I have changed my power and sleep settings to never turn off the hard disk in the advanced power options window.

3. I have turned Link State Power Management off in the PCI Express section of advanced power options.

4. I have set my computer to never hibernate in the sleep section of advanced power options.

5. I have disabled the IMEI driver in device manager.

6. I have updated all of my audio and video drivers.

7. As per the known issues with 1903 on Microsoft.com, I have checked my registry for the following key, but it does not exist: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Kerberos\MitRealms

I am, however, able to locate multiple keys at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Kerberos.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Mark329, Aug 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 16, 2019
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Ken429 Win User

Outlook.com giving me strange stuff after 1903 Update?

All of a sudden Outlook.com frequently adds the stuff in the attachment to mail in the inbox. It may have started when I updated Windows to 1903 but I'm not really sure. Any idea on what the heck I did to cause this magic? It never ends! Two steps forward and 1.5 steps backward. Help appreciated

Ken429, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows frequently restarting shortly after 1903 update - Similar Threads - frequently restarting shortly

2. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  3. BSOD frequently in short time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD frequently in short time: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-01_23-52-57).zip - Google Drive windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) the pc restart so many times in short time 181956
  4. Webcam stops working shortly after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stops working shortly after restart: Hello, Just since a few days my build in laptop webcam works for like 5 seconds after a restart and the stops working. I get the error that the webcam got unplugged. Wenn I reopen the camera app it shows the error: No camera attached. What can I do? The webcam also...
  5. Windows Update 1903 Fails to Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 1903 Fails to Restart: I have been having an issue trying to download Windows Version 1903 over the past year and a half. I am currently on version 1803, and I first attempted to update to version 1903 on 7/30/2019. It has failed >10 times since then. The update doesn't fail outright. It seems to...
  6. Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1903: Hey there. I've updated my Windows 10 from version 1803 to version 1903 and all of a sudden hell broke loose. I have various issues, 2 of them are most important: PC crash and BSOD while playing For some games I face PC crashes which sometimes is followed by a BSOD...
  7. choose coloumns in short by in view in folder not working after window 10 ver. 1903 update...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    choose coloumns in short by in view in folder not working after window 10 ver. 1903 update...: choose coloumns in short by in view in folder not working after window 10 ver. 1903 update but group by working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-coloumns-in-short-by-in-view-in-folder-not/94f17e43-5121-4a80-94f1-0f9db22b6bbf"
  8. BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting

BSOD shortly after startup, works normally after restarting: For some time now i've gotten several bsod after startup that seems to be related to either memory or drivers like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT...
  9. Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install

Frequent BSOD, shortly after boot; Fresh windows 10 Install: Installed Windows 10 on my custom built computer. Never had any issues with windows until I made the upgrade from 7 to 10. Since then been experiencing frequent BSOD shortly after start. From what I can tell the crash does not discriminate whether I am watching videos, doing...
  10. Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home)

Frequent BSOD shortly after bootup (Win10 x64 home): I have an Asus G73jh laptop. I upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 x64. Shortly after logging into Win 10, I frequently get a BSOD with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" or a hard freeze. It sometimes occurs right after I see my desktop background, and sometimes a minute later. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random restarts after windows 10 version 1903