Windows 10: Windows Fresh Install Freezes Right After Setting everything up with Cortana

Discus and support Windows Fresh Install Freezes Right After Setting everything up with Cortana in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So everything started when i tried to use the function "Reset this PC" it took almost a entire day to reset and after that the pc didn't start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rao., Apr 8, 2020.

1. rao. Win User

Windows Fresh Install Freezes Right After Setting everything up with Cortana

So everything started when i tried to use the function "Reset this PC" it took almost a entire day to reset and after that the pc didn't start up anymore.

I Already tried installing it multiple times used differentes versions of the windows and nothing works. I cant access safe mode because it ask to set up a login and when i try its say "something went wrong".

Tried reseting my BIOS settings, using different windows versions and tools to make the bootable USB driver and nothing works.

Installing Linux and its works fine I have this issue just with Windows.

What else could I do?

:)

rao., Apr 8, 2020
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Apr 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Windows Fresh Install Freezes Right After Setting everything up with Cortana

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Fresh Install Freezes Right After Setting everything up with Cortana

1. Windows Fresh Install Freezes Right After Setting everything up with Cortana - Similar Threads - Fresh Install Freezes

2. Window still freeze after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window still freeze after fresh install: Hi ! Why i install a fresh copy of window 10 pro and still freeze in noway ? Actually I'm having this problem before reinstall it everything was going smooth ,l.And reason that I teinstall it just because I am changing a new ssd from old 256 to 1 tb , and after that all kind...
  3. Window still freeze after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window still freeze after fresh install: Hi ! Why i install a fresh copy of window 10 pro and still freeze in noway ? Actually I'm having this problem before reinstall it everything was going smooth ,l.And reason that I teinstall it just because I am changing a new ssd from old 256 to 1 tb , and after that all kind...
  4. Window still freeze after fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze

Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze: Hello, I did a clean Windows 10 pro 64 bit install version 20H2 OS 19042.746 with Windows Pack Experience 120.2212.551.0. When I click on the Windows icon at the taskbar and click on Settings, sometimes the Settings windows will not open. Sometimes it will open, but the...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation: Hi, I am having issues with a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2 on a new computer. I download the iso from Azure portal, then putting it into a usb with rufus. After the installation, the pc reboot. On the first screen some prints appears like preparing devices and so on...
  7. Windows freezes after fresh install after some time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes after fresh install after some time.: To make things short I had to reinstall Windows after it wouldn’t allow me to update anything. I’ve spent 4 hours trying to fix this but reinstall was the only option. So I’ve done that as usual, installed all the drivers and some games again just to find out it’s laggy...
  8. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing after fresh install: Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly. Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive....
  9. BSOD After Setting Everything Up

BSOD After Setting Everything Up: Got the upgrade directly from MS and went through the long, slow process of upgrading my Windows 7 laptop....took hours. I brought it to a friend to give it to him and set up his MS account, email and Cortana settings. Then...Bam! A looping BSOD. The only thing I could do was...
  10. Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install

Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install: PC ran fine for few days then froze / crashed and reset few times earlier. Any help appreciated *Smile *Cool*Cool Files: Attachment 86923 (Previous thread) Solved PC freeze, reset during games - Windows 10 Forums 54466