Windows 10: Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage

Discus and support Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 on my new hard drive and I've noticed that my installation with all the programs and drivers I need will have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ted_2017, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Ted_2017 Win User

Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage

Hello!

I've just installed Windows 10 on my new hard drive and I've noticed that my installation with all the programs and drivers I need will have 22.3 GB on disk. Anyways, when I look on Drive C: from System Properties I see the used space on my drive is 37 GB of data. What in the world can use 15 GB of my disk space without me knowing it or having it installed previously?

Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage fa36875c-a5a5-47d4-9f37-a9880a5744d8?upload=true.png Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage 596c36dd-e3c0-4999-b07f-7c142de1f054?upload=true.png

:)

Ted_2017, Jul 19, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 19, 2019
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows fresh installed, drive C: usage - Similar Threads - fresh installed drive

2. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive 100% usage and crash: Whenever I’m running an intense game like warzone or rust my computer will freeze and crash. I have had my task manager open before crashes and it shows my c drive spiking to 100% then my computer crashes. The most common bsod I get is Whea_uncorrectable_errorBut recently I...
  3. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive 100% usage and crash: Whenever I’m running an intense game like warzone or rust my computer will freeze and crash. I have had my task manager open before crashes and it shows my c drive spiking to 100% then my computer crashes. The most common bsod I get is Whea_uncorrectable_errorBut recently I...
  4. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. C Drive Lost / Deleted Will Fresh Windows Install Create New C Drive?

C Drive Lost / Deleted Will Fresh Windows Install Create New C Drive?: HiBACKGROUNDMy ancient Laptop 11+ Years Old kept failing to start for several days. Each time, the Windows 'Self-Repair' Function failed, and I could not access Safe Mode. Neither of my 2 Recovery Drives booted. The only point of access I eventually managed to get was to the...
  6. C Drive Lost / Deleted Will Fresh Windows Install Create New C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Lost / Deleted Will Fresh Windows Install Create New C Drive?: HiBACKGROUNDMy ancient Laptop 11+ Years Old kept failing to start for several days. Each time, the Windows 'Self-Repair' Function failed, and I could not access Safe Mode. Neither of my 2 Recovery Drives booted. The only point of access I eventually managed to get was to the...
  7. C Drive Lost / Deleted Will Fresh Windows Install Create New C Drive?

8. Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage

Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage: So a month ago I got a new fresh ASUS Zenbook with fresh Windows 10. Just FYI laptop has an 8GB of RAM.From the first day of use I noticed that after laptop's startup for no reason half of the RAM is always in use, which 4GB of memory. Then updated to to Windows 11, as it was...
  9. C drive usage size increased

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive usage size increased: I tried to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro so I used the windows media creation tool upgrade option. then I canceled that activity simply added the product key to active. now the issue is that my C drive size 140GB and it's showing only 10 GB left...
  10. Fresh Windows install - 100% Disk Usage

Fresh Windows install - 100% Disk Usage: I have recently put together my new PC with the following specs : - Ryzen 5 3600 - 16Gb ram - B450 I Aorus Pro Wifi - GTX 1660 Super - 2Tb HHD -450W PSU When booting up windows I check the task manager as soon as it lets me. however, when I check it is at a...