Windows 10: Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning

Discus and support Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The windows fresh start specifically said it will preserve all my files and delete only my apps. I did not back up my files and then it deleted all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoryPode, Aug 8, 2018.

1. CoryPode Win User

Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning

The windows fresh start specifically said it will preserve all my files and delete only my apps. I did not back up my files and then it deleted all my files. WTH? How do I get my files back and why did you lie?

:)

CoryPode, Aug 8, 2018

2. Fresh Start and Steam Files

I'm looking to use the fresh start feature, since I'm having issues with random restarting and general slowness. The problem is that every Steam game shows up on the list of applications to be deleted, and not all of them save to the cloud. I'm wondering
    if my game saves, and most importantly user data for applications in general, will be saved. Do I have to sort through all of my applications and move the saved files before using the fresh start? Or will it only delete the application's base files and not
    the saved info?

BradenCurrah, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Aug 8, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Fresh Start Deleted All My Files with NO warning - Similar Threads - Fresh Start Deleted

2. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  3. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  4. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...: Recently after I upgraded to windows 2004 for several days, Windows Defender become annoying and really crazy. In the beginning, WD prevented me from running Cheat Engine. I thought that, maybe microsoft hates cheating in the game, so I gave up the idea of using it. After...
  6. fresh paint deleting my files

fresh paint deleting my files: I use fresh paint to draw and it has recently been deleting my files by itself; is there some way I can get my drawings back? I worked for a long time on the latest that's been deleted....
  7. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...
  8. System warning, all system files will be deleted after 200 seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System warning, all system files will be deleted after 200 seconds: I have been receiving this very annoying message almost daily for about 2 weeks, it freezes my Windows 10 pc and makes a screeching sound, the only way I am able to delete it is to close everything down then delete my temp history and cookies but sure enough it comes back,...
  9. Fresh Start Deleted files

Fresh Start Deleted files: Hi I completed a Fresh Start on my PC today. Now I have lost back up files for a certain program and the program was deleted. How can I get these files back? There is a file that is created call Windows old but the files don't seem to be in this folder....
  10. Onedrive deleted all my files

Onedrive deleted all my files: Why onedrive deleted all my files? I had 20 mp3 on my hard disk after i restarted my pc onedrive deleted all of them and put in trash bin. Any help? 13073