Windows 10: Windows Fresh Start option

Discus and support Windows Fresh Start option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What are the changes and difficulties that must be dealt with or fixed if Windows Fresh Start is used? What level of PC ability is necessary? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Windows Fresh Start option

What are the changes and difficulties that must be dealt with or fixed if Windows Fresh Start is used? What level of PC ability is necessary? I am not computer savvy but my PC seems to have many problems at the same time.

I have paused Windows updates notably v 2004 until January 11 and an unable to manually install other updates listed in Update Catalog due to the hiatus in updating I guess.

Is it unwise to even consider the Fresh Start approach to cleanup this PC before resuming Windows automatic updates? It seems the 2004 update is inevitable; if so, is it wiser to resume updates now and try Fresh Start later if update creates more problems? Windows updates are ALWAYS incompletely installed or cause problems!

I realize I should not be trying to handle these things BUT it is necessary: I have no other resource to do it.

I use: HP desktop - Windows 10 - OS 18363.1139 - v.1909 - Edge chrome 87.0.664.66 & IE11 browsers.

I have performed sfc/scannow and DISM RestoreHealth. Results state corrupted files, etc. corrected/fixed.

:)

klaro 1590, Dec 25, 2020

2. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Dec 25, 2020
  3. there is no get started option when i tried to fresh start my laptop

I tried to fresh start my laptop because it has become sluggish, so I followed all the steps to fresh start but I am not getting get started option

AmitkumarVm, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Windows Fresh Start option

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Fresh Start option

1. Windows Fresh Start option - Similar Threads - Fresh Start option

2. "Fresh start" option not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Fresh start" option not working: Whenever I try to use the " Fresh start " option for installing a newer windows because I may have some files corrupted in this onebut whenever I tried to use it and clip the 'additional info' for further steps it just opens up my BROWSER.please help how to use this option...
  3. windows fresh start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows fresh start: if I do a fresh start on my computer will it delete the apps and games I downloaded from the internet, steam, epic games and is there a way to choose witch files wont get deleted and will be protected...
  4. Windows Fresh start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Fresh start: I reinstalled windows 10 using windows fresh start. I reinstalled some of my apps and restarted my laptop after that my desktop refused to load up but i can open apps with task manager....
  5. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  6. Fresh Start Option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh Start Option: I wanted to use the Fresh Start option on Windows 10 to clean my 8-year-old HP PC. I want to make sure that I thoroughly clean my computer, however, I want to keep my pictures and saved documents. I know that it said it would keep all "personal data" but I'm not sure if...
  7. Starting Windows fresh

Starting Windows fresh: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer to solve a problem. I've put the Windows 10 installer on my USB stick. I need to install Windows while removing everything on my Hard Drive. I've tried doing this twice, selecting the 'keep nothing' options both times. But both...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Start option

Windows 10 Fresh Start option: Hey Everyone, I am trying to find a way to reinstall windows and keep all my personal files, such as pdfs and word documents, so I came across the fresh start options, and it said that it keeps all personal files, some settings, and remove most apps, to reinstall windows....
  9. Windows "Fresh Start" Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows "Fresh Start" Option: I recently discovered this feature,I understand It will delete Window's store Apps But what I am concerned Of is if it will Delete other Important Files,Games,etc I just need confirmation will it do that ?...
  10. No pin option after FRESH START

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No pin option after FRESH START: Hi guys, after i did a fresh start i found i no longer had the pin option, just had password, i went to sign in options, clicked on pin i then had to enter my m/soft password, i then clicked on pin, but nothing but a glimpse of the activity ring, oh i did follow your piece on...