Windows 10: Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

Discus and support Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bobbeloos, May 21, 2022.

1. Bobbeloos Win User

Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through HDMI.When the monitors go to sleep, the DP one simply goes black. The HDMI one says 'no signal' before it goes black. When I wake the monitors, funky stuff happens. All the windows from the HDMI monitor will move to the DP monitor, but not in the right resolution. Slightly smaller and fuzzy maybe? Like there's a big black bo

:)

Bobbeloos, May 21, 2022
  2. D4B
    D4B Win User

Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd
    monitor will not work. It keeps saying that there isn't a cable hooked up. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect two Dell E2216H monitors to your Dell Inspiron 3668. I suggest you to remove the signal cables (HDMI, DisplayPort, or VGA) which is connected to the monitor and then switch 'ON'
    the monitor, this will start monitor self-test and will show whether your monitor is able to display.

If there are no issues with the monitor, I suggest you to update your display drivers. Refer the article on
    Update drivers in Windows 10 for
    steps to update your display drivers. You can also download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. Use the following link to download the
    monitor driver,
    run the setup file and follow the onscreen instruction to install the driver.

Also, try with a different (HDMI to DisplayPort) cable to connect the second monitor and check if it works fine.

If the issue still persists, you can refer the link on

How to Troubleshoot Multiple Monitor Issues
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 21, 2022
  4. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor (because the DP monitor no longer exists). The only solution
    is to not put the monitors to sleep.

Is there any preferred setting for keeping a monitor on 24/7/365? Should I put up a black screen saver? If not what can I do to not burn out my monitors by having them on. I also don't want them bright all night long.

2 new HP PCs

2 Acer ET322QU monitors on each

1 HDMI - 1 DisplayPort

TonyBeecher, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

1. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep. - Similar Threads - HDMI monitor move

2. No Sound from DP on monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound from DP on monitor.: I have an ASUS ROG Swift XG27AQ Gaming Monitor and when I have it connected via HDMI port there is sounds from the built in speakers but when I switch to the DP I no longer get any sound from the monitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. TX Gaming B760M...
  3. No Sound from DP on monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound from DP on monitor.: I have an ASUS ROG Swift XG27AQ Gaming Monitor and when I have it connected via HDMI port there is sounds from the built in speakers but when I switch to the DP I no longer get any sound from the monitor. I have the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. TX Gaming B760M...
  4. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.: Hi there,I have been using a 2 monitor setup on my Windows 10 box for several years.I have had various CPU/GPU configurations during this time and this problem is apparent on all of them.I'm currently running an Intel i9-10900K processor and an NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti GPU.I often...
  5. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.: Hi there,I have been using a 2 monitor setup on my Windows 10 box for several years.I have had various CPU/GPU configurations during this time and this problem is apparent on all of them.I'm currently running an Intel i9-10900K processor and an NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti GPU.I often...
  6. different window behaviour for HDMI and DP monitor connections when monitors powered down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  8. Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.

Windows from HDMI monitor move to DP monitor when monitors go to sleep.: Hello!I couldn't find anything about this issue using search engines, so I thought I'd try here!I'm using Windows 11.I have two monitors of the same brand and basically the same model. I have a GTX 1660 Super.Monitor 1 is connected through DP.Monitor 2 is connected through...
  9. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  10. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd monitor will not...