Windows 10: Windows from SSD to M.2

Discus and support Windows from SSD to M.2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fiffty_five, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Windows from SSD to M.2

I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs??

submitted by /u/Fiffty_five
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fiffty_five, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Lagged Win User

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Jan 31, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

Yep. It would disable the m.2 since some motherboards have the SATA bus tied to the m.2 port.

bro67, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Jefrison Win User

Windows from SSD to M.2

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows from SSD to M.2

1. Windows from SSD to M.2 - Similar Threads - SSD

2. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  3. wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wanted to multi boot win 10/11 with NVME ssd drive on an old PC with legacy BIOS: I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 that I upgraded to windows 10 pro and is working fine. Now I have an NVME ssd drive in a USB enclosure that has windows 11 pro, and I wanted to boot to it from a usb port but my BIOS will not recognize the NVME external drive. Is there a way to...
  4. ssd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  5. ssd error

ssd error: what happened to my ssdm.2 nvme do i need to replace it with a new one or is it fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-error/d947cdd4-fa07-4ccf-b0cc-ed2290ad7ccf
  6. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  7. Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.

Samsung 970 EVO SSD suddenly disappears from Windows.: Specs:OS: Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447CPU: Core i5-8250USSD: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe 500gb SSDHDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172After downloading some files onto the SSD, the entire disk disappeared from Windows completely. Event viewer showed Reset to device,...
  8. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  9. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  10. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware