Windows 10: Windows froze after startup.

Discus and support Windows froze after startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today, after loading up my PC to play a game, my sounds sounded distorted for a second and then it happened again but this time it froze everything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tqkend, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Tqkend Win User

Windows froze after startup.

Today, after loading up my PC to play a game, my sounds sounded distorted for a second and then it happened again but this time it froze everything. This included the call I was in. I had to force restart to fix it but does anyone know what happened? I checked my minidump files and there was nothing new.

:)

Tqkend, Nov 1, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    froze screen

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. Since you can't access anything after it got stuck to 75%, we suggest that you perform a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below on how to perform this troubleshooting step:

• Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a hard reboot. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off and until it powers on.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 above until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait
      during boot. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times.
    • Select See advanced repair options.
    • Under Advanced Startup Options, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval, type in the password and click
      Continue.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and attempt to automatically repair it.

Please allow a couple of minutes or hours to diagnose your PC by the startup repair.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 1, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows froze after startup. - Similar Threads - froze startup

2. my computer froze suddenly and started making a buzzing sound, no key in the keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer froze suddenly and started making a buzzing sound, no key in the keyboard...: I was on youtube and suddenly the computer screen froze, and started making a buzzing sound for over 10 min, after a while i managed to turn it off and on again.I have an ASUS Vivobook computer which is new, i bought it about half a year ago....
  3. my computer froze suddenly and started making a buzzing sound, no key in the keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer froze suddenly and started making a buzzing sound, no key in the keyboard...: I was on youtube and suddenly the computer screen froze, and started making a buzzing sound for over 10 min, after a while i managed to turn it off and on again.I have an ASUS Vivobook computer which is new, i bought it about half a year ago....
  4. My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.: See image. Recording repeats itself continuously. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifes-new-chromebook-froze-up-with-recycled/ef99d926-c4d6-44a9-9df2-db64b52097e8
  5. Windows froze after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows froze after startup.: Today, after loading up my PC to play a game, my sounds sounded distorted for a second and then it happened again but this time it froze everything. This included the call I was in. I had to force restart to fix it but does anyone know what happened? I checked my minidump...
  6. Windows froze after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows froze after startup.: Today, after loading up my PC to play a game, my sounds sounded distorted for a second and then it happened again but this time it froze everything. This included the call I was in. I had to force restart to fix it but does anyone know what happened? I checked my minidump...
  7. Windows 10 startup froze but my mouse still cursor around.

Windows 10 startup froze but my mouse still cursor around.: The problem start a few hours ago when I was booting up my computer and it was stuck in the black loading screen with my cursor moving around then I tried booting it into safe mode but it's not working it's still stuck on the black screen. So I tried to reinstall windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 startup froze but my mouse still cursor around.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 startup froze but my mouse still cursor around.: The problem start a few hours ago when I was booting up my computer and it was stuck in the black loading screen with my cursor moving around then I tried booting it into safe mode but it's not working it's still stuck on the black screen. So I tried to reinstall windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 startup froze but my mouse still cursor around.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows froze, restarted, then noticed multiple programs named "Program" in Startup window...

Windows froze, restarted, then noticed multiple programs named "Program" in Startup window...: First time to notice several programs named "Program" in the startup window under Task Manager. Is below screenshot normal?Noticed it after windows froze and I had to shutdown. There was a long start-up about 10mins or so - which I assumed to be a sort of system update, just...