Windows 10: Windows functions wont open/run

Discus and support Windows functions wont open/run in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This is my very first post on the forum. Please guide me till i get accustomed . My Windows started acting funny suddenly. 1.My login password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by inwell, Aug 1, 2018.

1. inwell Win User

Windows functions wont open/run

Hello,
    This is my very first post on the forum. Please guide me till i get accustomed .
    My Windows started acting funny suddenly.
    1.My login password went missing and i was able to login directly.
    2.I cannot open START menu (by mouse click or win button). Nothing happens.
    3.Right click on start button shows lots of options but most of them wont open. Control Panel/Network settings/Admin Cmd prompt/ Device Manager all will come up with error msg "File does not have progg associated...... screen shot attached for ref)
    4.Network icon near clock will not display any networks (blank)
    5.Create New User or any other task from all settings will just do nothing.nothing comes up.
    6.Troubleshooting (BSOD and others ) under Update and Recovery section missing.
    7.This happens in Safe Mode too.

I ran sfc/scannow and it came up with msg,that found some errors but could not fix some/all. After this scan i cannot boot into normal mode now (thats the most funny part).

This is custom build With i3-xxxx,Intel61WW,RAM 8GB Corsair,Geforce 210,500GB WD SATA

Thank YOu

:)

inwell, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2018
  3. windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 1, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

Hi Cliff S. Thanks a lot.

I did not run SFC initially because in my understanding SFC checks the system files only, and is not effective for third party tools. Still I did it as you suggested, it found nothing.

Windows functions wont open/run [​IMG]

I havent tried Dism yet ... please guide me about it in details. I am unaware of it.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming does not contain any CCleaner entry after it is uninstalled. I sehed everywhere in C:\Users\<username>\AppData .... no entry for CCleaner. Should I look at any other place too?

There were some in Regedit. Like
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch\shell\open\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Run CCleaner
    Five in total. Deleted those, will try another installation now and will let you know.

Hi topgundcp. Thanks a lot to you, too.

I tried your suggestion, got the same result. *Sad

Windows functions wont open/run [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Windows functions wont open/run - Similar Threads - functions wont open

2. Windows Functions Not Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Functions Not Opening: Hello,On a new computer. None of the Windows functions are opening. For Example Search Bar, Calendar, Settings Windows logo. I have tried ending in task manager and restarting but nothing has worked....
  3. Windows Functions Not Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Functions Not Opening: Hello,On a new computer. None of the Windows functions are opening. For Example Search Bar, Calendar, Settings Windows logo. I have tried ending in task manager and restarting but nothing has worked....
  4. RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN: So I tried opening run and i got this error message: this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computerThen I tried opening regedit then this happened:registry editing has been disabled by your administratorI think it was a virus, please...
  5. RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN

RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN: So I tried opening run and i got this error message: this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computerThen I tried opening regedit then this happened:registry editing has been disabled by your administratorI think it was a virus, please...
  6. RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint

Opening MS Paint using Run function it does not open MS Paint: Hi so for i while now I am suffering from this problem when I try to open MS Paint with the Run function it does not open,there is nothing like the program not found this is the log in the event viewer:Faulting application name: mspaint.exe, version: 11.2110.0.0, time stamp:...
  8. The RUN function

in Windows 10 Customization
    The RUN function: Hi How can I get the Windows key + R to remember the latest commands? I have just upgraded a Windows 7 installation for a friend and had no problems with this run issue - it just worked at once. I have a laptop upgraded from Windows 7 a long time ago - no problems. This i7...
  9. Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.

Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.: Basically i was trying to open some images and a error message popped up saying "The app didn't start" then i realised that it was photo's fault as it couldnt even open and when i try to open the store, it runs then crashes. Ive tried alotta solutions from 2015 but non seem...
  10. Laptop Wont Function

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Wont Function: help......had it on, then bunch of opaque dime size circles started floating at top, couldnt do a thing. reboooted couple of times, did w-defender scan check, malware bytes. Cursor wont move, things shaky. Did comp break down, or I got some type of virus? Scary for a non-tech...