Windows 10: Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

Discus and support Windows Game Bar adds two black columns in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using WIndows Game Bar for over a year and while it isn't an ideal recording software it gets the job done. Recently, I have noticed two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RookyBurrito418, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

I have been using WIndows Game Bar for over a year and while it isn't an ideal recording software it gets the job done. Recently, I have noticed two black columns when I watch my recordings. They aren't a deal breaker but they are noticeable.

:)

RookyBurrito418, Sep 5, 2019

2. Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Black Bars on Sides of the Screen In-Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

As I understand whenever you run the game in lower resolution it does not work (Black bars).

Did you re-install graphics card drivers?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Also refer to the thread for suggestions.

Some games in fullscreen have black bars on side.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

1. Windows Game Bar adds two black columns - Similar Threads - Game Bar adds

2. Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three: A while ago the shortcut Winkey+left/right arrow stopped dividing my desktop into two columns, and now when I press Winkey+left arrow key it divides the screen into three columns. How do I set the winkey+arrow key to be a 50/50 layout rather than a three-column one?...
  3. Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window snapping shortcut for two columns not three: A while ago the shortcut Winkey+left/right arrow stopped dividing my desktop into two columns, and now when I press Winkey+left arrow key it divides the screen into three columns. How do I set the winkey+arrow key to be a 50/50 layout rather than a three-column one?...
  4. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  5. Xbox game bar black recording

Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  6. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  7. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  8. Add a chart column in Word?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add a chart column in Word?: Hi, I have created a diagram in my Word document (Insert>Diagram>Column) and now I want to edit the columns so that I finally have seven columns. Can anyone help me? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/diagrammsaeule-in-word-hinzufuegen
  9. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  10. Column Bar problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Column Bar problems.: I'm having a problem with the Column Bar in File Explorer. I like to show Backup Method in my backup folders along with Name, Date, etc. When I first installed Windows 10 it wasn't available in the drop down so I didn't think too much about it, but then a couple of weeks...