Windows 10: Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

Discus and support Windows Game Bar adds two black columns in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using WIndows Game Bar for over a year and while it isn't an ideal recording software it gets the job done. Recently, I have noticed two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RookyBurrito418, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

I have been using WIndows Game Bar for over a year and while it isn't an ideal recording software it gets the job done. Recently, I have noticed two black columns when I watch my recordings. They aren't a deal breaker but they are noticeable.

:)

RookyBurrito418, Sep 5, 2019

2. Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Black Bars on Sides of the Screen In-Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

As I understand whenever you run the game in lower resolution it does not work (Black bars).

Did you re-install graphics card drivers?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Also refer to the thread for suggestions.

Some games in fullscreen have black bars on side.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Game Bar adds two black columns

1. Windows Game Bar adds two black columns - Similar Threads - Game Bar adds

2. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....
  3. Game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar: Hello, I am trying the game bar and it is working well. Only problem is that while I am recording my screen and my voice, I can't hear the game music anymore although we can hear it in the game footage afterwards. I want to be able to hear the games music in my headphones...
  4. Two windows 10 search bar's!?

in Cortana
    Two windows 10 search bar's!?: So I got the windows 10 insider preview builds and there are two windows 10 and I don't really get why we need two that have the same purpose can some one clear that up please?...
  5. windows game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows game bar: Hi, when i try to open my game bar in fortnite to record a video i start my recording fine. When i want to stop the recording it takes another five minutes until it says its not responding, then stops the recording. When i go to review my video it is either laggy, or at the...
  6. Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar: Has anyone tried to use the game bar with any success? I tried using it multiple times on Forza Horizon 4 and while I got the in game stutter to stop while trying to record with it, But the recording ends up being all choppy and not vary smooth. I've tried to record to my...
  7. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.: The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode....
  8. Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar?: my game bar works fine in RTM but running 14986 i get the hardware not supported error anyone know away to fix this? i did a google search and aparently game bar isnt supported for intel hd 3000 gpu i just dont get why it worked in 1493? 74309
  9. Column Bar problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Column Bar problems.: I'm having a problem with the Column Bar in File Explorer. I like to show Backup Method in my backup folders along with Name, Date, etc. When I first installed Windows 10 it wasn't available in the drop down so I didn't think too much about it, but then a couple of weeks...
  10. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer: I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders? Thanks,...