Windows 10: Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

Discus and support Windows game bar Audio recording issues. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, I have been recently using the 'Record last 30 seconds' function in the game bar more frequently and have noticed that it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob_176, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Bob_176 Win User

Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

Good morning,

I have been recently using the 'Record last 30 seconds' function in the game bar more frequently and have noticed that it does not record my audio. I have worked out how to activate my microphone so it does work Windows + Alt + M, however after capturing just one clip it will revert the microphone back to its muted state without any notice. I have gone into Settings > Gaming > Captures and ticked the box for the 'Turn mic on by default when I record' option, but this has no effect whatsoever on anything and will just un-tick itself eventually with no change to any recordings.

I have attempted to troubleshoot by deactivating the game bar then resetting my PC and installing the latest windows updates, but to no avail.

This is becoming very frustrating and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Bob_176, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the game audio is choppy in the recording. This generally happens when the recording is not ended correctly. We can try restarting the service for Game bar and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc
      keys together to open Task Manager.
    3. Click on More details.
    4. Look for BcastDVRUserService, and click on
      End Task.
    5. Restart the game and try recording again.

You can change the settings how the audio is recorded and see if that helps in resolving the Audio issue. Please navigate to
    Settings (Windows key + I) >> Gaming >> Captures >> Recorded audio. You can change the Audio quality, and change the Microphone and System volume.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

How to make sure Game Bar only records game audio, and not audio from other apps?

Hi,

I understand that you want to record the in game audio only and mute the audio from other apps.

You can change the game bar settings to record only the game audio. To do that follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key +
      G to launch Game Bar.
    2. Click on Settings (Gear icon).
    3. Click on Capturing.
    4. Under Recording, select the check box for
      Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
    5. Under Audio to Record, select the Radio button for
      Game. (If you are still unable to get Audio, select the Radio button to All).

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows game bar Audio recording issues.

1. Windows game bar Audio recording issues. - Similar Threads - game bar Audio

2. XBox game bar recording issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox game bar recording issue: The options are non-interactable. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording-issue/5f092176-331c-41ca-8832-0360ff3f3b7a
  3. Xbox Game Bar recorder audio issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar recorder audio issue: whenever i clip in game moments i would like to have all my audio recorded at once, this being the game itself, my microphone and a discord call im in. However it seems as though i can only choose between Game+Mic Game audio only option / Game+DiscordAll audio option. Is...
  4. Screen record issues Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen record issues Game Bar: Hi, I have tried to record my screen today using the game bar and received the following error message 'Recording isn't working' Error: 0x80070057 I needed to record the screen while a video played on a web page open with google chrome. Ive done this before without issue....
  5. Recording with XBox Game Bar issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recording with XBox Game Bar issues: [ATTACH] Anytime I record with Xbox game bar and then import the footage into Davinci Resolve I get this mess, if I record with any other software I don't have any issues, but I would prefer to use game bar because it actually uses less resources. Specs: CPU: AMD 5900x...
  6. Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Game Bar recording chat in-game: I like to record clips from my gameplay, however I often have issues with the audio capture (also unsure if I should've use audio flair?). It records gameplay audio and my mic, but I cannot hear in-game chat. I do know that it's possible though, because I DID successfully...
  7. Game Bar Only records Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Only records Audio: I have noticed recently when trying to record a game clip through the game bar, it is only recording the audio to the clip most the time. Ive tried watching the clip through the xbox app and through media player, it just looks like a screenshot and the audio playing The...
  8. Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar/Screen Recording Audio Issue: Hello! I am having a bit of an issue with audio when I record my screen with the microphone on. My microphone is built into my headphones, if that helps answer the question. Now, the audio issue isn't about my microphone audio directly, but is tied into it. I'm trying to...
  9. Game bar records only audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar records only audio: Hello, i started using the game bar to record my gameplay. Im only using the record last 30 seconds button at the moment, when i play those videos i can only hear the audio and the video itself is only a screenshot. How do i fix it?...
  10. Game bar only records audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar only records audio: I have noticed recently when trying to record a game clip through the game bar, it is only recording the audio to the clip most the time. Ive tried watching the clip through the xbox app and through media player, it just looks like a screenshot and the audio playing The...