Windows 10: Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...

Discus and support Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, There MUST be a way to do this because I had it working for about one day and then it mysteriously stopped. As it stands, when I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kelev77, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Kelev77 Win User

Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...

Hi,

There MUST be a way to do this because I had it working for about one day and then it mysteriously stopped.

As it stands, when I start recording gameplay, the sound seems to be picked up by the built-in mic in the PC, which means it is recording both the game sound and any sounds in the room (people talking, TV in the background, whatever). I want it to record ONLY the sound output from the game.

I was able to kludge-fix this by going to the Control Panel and disabling the microphone. This seemed to work - briefly. Then, all of a sudden, the recordings started coming out totally silent. The only way to get any sound was to re-enable the microphone, which got both the game sound and the ambient mic pickup.

I tried switching the enabled recording device from the microphone to "Stereo Mix" in the Sound Control Panel but this led to an even weirder result - almost imperceptibly quiet, tinny sound being picked up, but not completely mute.

Can anybody help? The only prior Q&As I could find on this topic were from people who WANTED the mic to pick up their voices. I'm trying to do the opposite, picking up the sound outputted by the game only, and not any voices in the room.

Thank you

:)

Kelev77, Jan 17, 2019

2. No game sounds in recording with windows 10 game bar

When i record using the game bar and re watch the footage there is no in game sounds while i can hear then when im playing the game. My mic is the only thing that records not the in game sounds

MalayThakkar, Jan 17, 2019
  3. No game sounds in recording with windows 10 game bar

Hi Malay,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if game bar settings has changed.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is this issue specific to a particular game or all the game?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues
    and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Also I recommend you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about game bar and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-problems-with-game-bar

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Seth Win User

Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the...

Record sound from only specified game (program)

As you already noticed you need some form of virtual audio device (on Windows). Examples of this are Virtual Audio Cable and Voicemeeter/Their VAC.

In order to record the sound it's easiest to setup the virtual audio cable as the default output device and tell Windows you want to listen to this device on your normal sound card. For programs you don't want to record you'd need to have the option available to select the output device. For TeamSpeak this can be done in the options. Other software, especially games, don't necessarily support this.

On option here is to have multiple virtual devices and switch after you start the software you want to output on a certain virtual audio device. But certain programs like browsers tend to be able to dynamically switch to new default output devices while not giving you the option to set the output device. This also applies to certain games so watching some VOD and playing games can be difficult.

Thema:

1. Windows Game Bar - how to record sound output from the game but NOT ambient sound from the... - Similar Threads - Game Bar record

2. Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery: Hello everyone,I used Xbox Game Bar screen recordings to record some lectures. During the lecture, I plugged in my headphones. The recording of this lecture has sound until the moment that I plugged in my headphones. After that moment I hear nothing. Is there a way to recover...
  3. Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar screen recording: Sound recovery: Hello everyone,I used Xbox Game Bar screen recordings to record some lectures. During the lecture, I plugged in my headphones. The recording of this lecture has sound until the moment that I plugged in my headphones. After that moment I hear nothing. Is there a way to recover...
  4. Why my Game Bar not recording sounds in my Brave browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my Game Bar not recording sounds in my Brave browser: As the title says, not recording sound in my Brave browser Example of no sound submitted by /u/sdhccard [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m00n0l/why_my_game_bar_not_recording_sounds_in_my_brave/
  5. Can't find game recording from game bar.

Can't find game recording from game bar.: I had the little window with the timer and controls for recording up the entire time I was playing and the it was recording, but I can't find the video on my computer. Everything I've seen has directed me to the Captures folder, but it's not there. Anywhere else it might be?...
  6. Recording from game bar not picking up in-game voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recording from game bar not picking up in-game voice: Whenever I record from game bar its not picking up in-game voices like voice coms or whatsoever does it really not record it or it does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-from-game-bar-not-picking-up-in-game/f40c3a43-a24d-446b-9c74-57529a32426d
  7. Sound cutting in and out when recording on game bar

Sound cutting in and out when recording on game bar: So I recorded some gameplay using the xbox game bar. When I finished the recording,the sound was glitched. Does anyone know how to fix or how to stop it from happening again. Thanks. submitted by /u/Locho_inc [link] [comments]...
  8. Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recordings from Game Bar show black screen: Recently I have been experiencing this weird glitch when recording with the game bar where the video is a black screen with my cursor glitching around Before this happened I unsuccessfully updated my graphics drivers and Restored my computer back to a state earlier. This...
  9. Recording sound from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording sound from PC: I wanted to achieve the ability to record sound from my PC in mp3 format. I plan to just use an aux cable from headphone socket into the microphone socket to achieve this. But wondered on the suitable software to use. If I remember rightly sound recording software does not...
  10. Sound Recorder not recording sound from Internet after 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Recorder not recording sound from Internet after 10 upgrade: Greetings all, Does anyone know what happened to the SOUND RECORDER program that was in the previous versions of Windows? I was previously on Windows 7 and upgraded to 10 when the notifications came out last month. In W7 I was able to open the SOUND RECORDER program...