Windows 10: Windows Game Bar Incompatibility

Discus and support Windows Game Bar Incompatibility in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While trying to record gameplay footage of Minecraft, I was unable to open Windows Gamebar to record my screen. Whenever I attempted to do so, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ItsSoular, Sep 30, 2018.

1. ItsSoular Win User

Windows Game Bar Incompatibility

While trying to record gameplay footage of Minecraft, I was unable to open Windows Gamebar to record my screen. Whenever I attempted to do so, a messaged appeared saying that my hardware is not compatible with Gamebar, even though I was able to use Windows Gamebar just fine several Windows 10 versions ago. I don't understand why this feature is retracted from my system when it worked just fine as it was.

System:

8 GB DDR3 1600mz Memory (dual channel)

Intel Pentium 2117u Dual Core

Intel HD Graphics

1280x720 display (display was scaled down to increase overall performance)

Running most recent Windows 10 update as of the time of this post.

I understand that my laptap is not powerful by any means, but why is a feature that worked so well with it removed?

:)

ItsSoular, Sep 30, 2018

2. Game bar wont work for certain games?

Hi,

There are several possible explanations as to why the Game bar is not working with some of your games. Here's a list of the common factors:

• An incorrect configuration of the Xbox app settings
    • Compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC
    • An outdated version of the game
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Incompatible hardware
    • The device doesn't meet the game requirements.

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the affected games?
    • From which site have you downloaded the affected games?

Meanwhile, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . Issues in accessing Xbox app features can be resolved by this troubleshooter.

Additional troubleshooting solutions on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10 are provided on this

link

Catherine Cus., Sep 30, 2018
  3. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game bar.

• Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows Game Bar Incompatibility

Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game bar.
    • Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Game Bar Incompatibility

1. Windows Game Bar Incompatibility - Similar Threads - Game Bar Incompatibility

2. Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar Says DirectX 12 Incompatible, But DXDIAG Says Is Compatible: Hi, My Microsoft Game Bar says that my system isn't compatible with DirectX 12 Ultimate. However, when I run DXDIAG, that says it IS compatible. So I'm not sure why Game Bar is wrong. I have an NVIDEA 3070, which should be compatible with DirectX 12, so I'm not sure what to...
  3. Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Game Bar: Is there a way i can turn off the Game Bar, or something off that sort. I use the Xbox Companion App and everytime i receive a party invite, it sends it through the Game Bar and not the Companion App. When I join through Game Bar, I cant hear anyone or talk to anyone. Party...
  4. Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Game Bar: I make gaming videos with clips I get. The thing I use to record 30 seconds back (also please let me know if you can increase the time to maybe 3 minutes or so, that way I have time to finish my battle to get the clip). Anyways, the main issue is that sometimes the gamebar...
  5. incompatible games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incompatible games: Dear members, how many of you fail to play gta sandreas in your pc windows 10 properly, due to incompablity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-games/33f3afe3-99e4-49e3-95ff-19535b41ed8d
  6. incompatible games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incompatible games: Dear members, how many of you fail to play gta sandreas in your pc windows 10 properly, due to incompablity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incompatible-games/33f3afe3-99e4-49e3-95ff-19535b41ed8d
  7. it says my game is incompatable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    it says my game is incompatable: medieval total war it downloaded perfectly fine and when I try to run the program it tells me it needs administrative permission but I'm the administrator on my computer . so I ran the trouble shooting help guide and now its saying the game is incompatible . please tell me is...
  8. Incompatibility games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatibility games: Hi, I cannot run the games Mortimer Beckett and the crimson thief and Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King on Windows 10. I have tried compatibility in proprieties, selecting windows 7, windows vista pack 1 and pack 2, but it does not work. Does it have anything to do...
  9. windows game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows game bar: Hi, when i try to open my game bar in fortnite to record a video i start my recording fine. When i want to stop the recording it takes another five minutes until it says its not responding, then stops the recording. When i go to review my video it is either laggy, or at the...
  10. Windows Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar: Has anyone tried to use the game bar with any success? I tried using it multiple times on Forza Horizon 4 and while I got the in game stutter to stop while trying to record with it, But the recording ends up being all choppy and not vary smooth. I've tried to record to my...