Windows 10: Windows game bar microphone off by default

Discus and support Windows game bar microphone off by default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There was a question about this asked a few months ago but it didn't resolve my issue and the thread got locked. Whenever I open the windows game bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BoomKatz, Dec 26, 2019.

1. BoomKatz Win User

Windows game bar microphone off by default

There was a question about this asked a few months ago but it didn't resolve my issue and the thread got locked.

Whenever I open the windows game bar the microphone by default is off, so I manually have to turn it back on every time I go into a game or change windows. Everything else gets recorded, just not my voice. Is there a way to keep this permanently on by default?

:)

BoomKatz, Dec 26, 2019

2. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Game Bar is not showing the microphone recording option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you further:

• Were you able to use the Microphone option earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

To access the Microphone you will need to change the permissions which app can access the Microphone. To do that, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Privacy.
    3. Click on Microphone.
    4. Toggle the switch to on for Allow apps to access the Microphone.
    5. Scroll down and toggle the switch to on for
      Xbox
      and Xbox Game Bar.
    6. Now, press Windows key + G, to open
      Game Bar.

For more information on troubleshooting Game Bar, please refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Windows game bar microphone off by default

Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows game bar microphone off by default

1. Windows game bar microphone off by default - Similar Threads - game bar microphone

2. Game bar microphone audio quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar microphone audio quality: When I try to record my own screen, including the microphone, it sounds awful. Tons of white noise, tinny sounding voice, it sounds like screeching sometimes. I'm using a Logitech G933 that records my voice perfectly using other softwares, so I know it is not the microphone...
  3. Microphone Array not detected by game bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Array not detected by game bar: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano with an inbuilt Intel microphone array. This microphone works for all applications except Xbox game bar. Inside the game bar application, I am able to select it as the audio input however when I do so, I get the message "The selected...
  4. Turning Off Game Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Off Game Bar: Hi, so I need to turn off game bar in order to use a lockdown browser. I went into the gaming settings and turned everything off, but it is still saything that it is active and I can't use the lockdown browser to take my exam. How do I completely turn this off?...
  5. Game bar microphone privacy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar microphone privacy: Need to record some audio/video for demoing some simple work in an app that is not game related. Game bar capture is telling me: Privacy settings are blocking your microphone When I click show me how to fix it It takes me to the Mic privacy settings page where it says -...
  6. Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone not working with Xbox game bar: My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10. It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, windows G, the menu says that the...
  7. Problems recording microphone with Game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems recording microphone with Game bar: Hi! I use Game Bar to record Minecraft videos and I want to record my microphone, of course. BUT I do NOT want to have to hear my microphone in my headphones all the time. But if I go in to the settings of the microphone and turn off "Listen to this device" Game Bar ALSO...
  8. My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.: Particularly, the "turn mic on by default when I record" option in the settings keeps turning itself off when I go into a game. Essentially making the option useless because I still have to manually turn on the microphone setting to have it. I tried with different games and...
  9. Game bar microphone quality is terrible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar microphone quality is terrible: Windows 10 recorder, discord, etc. records perfect my microphone. But Game Bar adds a sound llikeinterferences when I record the microphone. I am 100% sure it is not the microphone because all the other programs can record it perfectly. How can I solve this? Thank you....
  10. Microsoft gamebar: Microphone defaults off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft gamebar: Microphone defaults off: When I tell gamebar to start recording, with the default record keybind of "Win+Alt+R" or my own, the microphone is set to off. Checking the settings, Start>Settings>Gaming>Captures, the check of "Turn mic on by default when I record" is either on, due to being recently...