Windows 10: Windows Game Bar not opening and Gaming category in settings DOES NOT EXIST??

Discus and support Windows Game Bar not opening and Gaming category in settings DOES NOT EXIST?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey all! I've searched for hours on how to fix the Game bar DVR recording on windows (used to work) but I can't find a solution to my problem. Thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maaizz, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Maaizz Win User

Windows Game Bar not opening and Gaming category in settings DOES NOT EXIST??

Hey all!

I've searched for hours on how to fix the Game bar DVR recording on windows (used to work) but I can't find a solution to my problem.

Thing is I can't even seem to find the settings to fix the issue. And the Xbox app can't be reinstalled, so I really don't know what to do Windows Game Bar not opening and Gaming category in settings DOES NOT EXIST?? :( Windows Game Bar not opening and Gaming category in settings DOES NOT EXIST?? e2428060-483f-4783-b0bf-2b6d8fddf34d?upload=true.png

:)

Maaizz, Oct 11, 2018

2. DOOM Game Bar not opening; possibly not recongnized as a game

Hi Max,

There are various reasons why the Game bar does not open when your game is in fullscreen mode. It is possible that this option is not enabled in the Game bar settings. To resolve your concern, you may perform the following methods on how to show the game
    bar when playing a game in fullscreen mode:

Method 1. Enable the settings using the Game bar.

• Press the Windows key + G.
    • Click on the Settings icon and go to the General
      tab.
    • Check Record game in the background and check Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified.
    • You can also check Remember this game so you will not be asked for the same option again and restart your game for the changes to take effect.

Method 2. Change the Game bar settings in the Windows settings.

• Press Start and click on the Settings icon.
    • Go to Gaming and check Show Game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified.

If you are unable to see these settings on your computer, make sure that the operating system is updated to version
    1703 or higher. To check for new updates, you may follow the steps on this

link

If the issue persists, manually update the Xbox App by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here's how:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

Let us know the results and don't hesitate to reply to this post if you need further assistance.

Loraine Mon, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Pressing the letter G open Game bar

Hi,

As per the information, it seems that you might have pressed on Windows key + G to open Game bar. I suggest that you use the follow the steps below and check if it helps

To Turn Off Game Bar in Xbox app

1. Open the Xbox app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon on the left, click/tap on
    Game DVR at the top, and turn off the
    Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR setting at the top.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Teemosan Win User

Game bar not opening in Windows 10

As mentioned in the OP I'm on a desktop PC (Win OS on SSD, i7 4790, R9 390, 32 GB DDR3). This is a very capable gaming rig, and easily exceeds the sys requirements.

• Were you able to launch Game bar on the same computer before?
    No. I never tried previously to launch the Game Bar. This is the first time I've tried and I haven't been able to get it to launch.

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    Changes to Windows 10? None other than the usual updates

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app to update it?

I just tried this now. I was able to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app. When I went to try and launch the Game Bar it flashed on the screen for about a second and then was gone. Only way to get it back was to again uninstall and
    reinstall the Xbox App. I was able to then launch the Game Bar and this time it stayed open. But if I then go to launch the game it disappears. I've discovered that if I toggle the slider from Off to On in Settings > Gaming >Game Bar i can get it back but
    it's acting really weird.

Accessing the Game bar menu locks up the screen and I have to restart Explorer to get everything back.

So I've got it to show but I'm still completely unsuccessful actually getting it to now work with a game. If I have to toggle the slider in
    Settings > Gaming >Game Bar to get it to work, then the game minimizes. Then when I click to relaunch the game neither Win + G or Ctrl + Shift + G works to launch game Bar because the Settings menu is then not the active
    window. So I'm stuck in that fail loop. Clicking the game maximizes the game, but no Game bar .... Clicking Settings to toggle the slider allows me to show the Game Bar but the game isn't maximized to allow the Game Bar to recognize it .... I click the Game
    bar menu settings and it then locks up the screen .... so there's no way to activate both at the same time - I either have an active Game Bar and no game, or an active Game and no Game Bar.

So it actually shows up now but is definitely not working properly

Teemosan, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Game Bar not opening and Gaming category in settings DOES NOT EXIST?? - Similar Threads - Game Bar opening

2. Xbox Game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  3. Xbox Game bar not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar not opening: My Xbox game bar is not opening and it says "ms-gamingoverlay - You'll Need a New App to Open This MS Gaming Overlay" please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-not-opening/2311a1e3-b2ea-4118-952d-98b972958c98
  4. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  5. Opening game bar opens settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening game bar opens settings: When I am playing a game and try to open game bar using Win + G, it opens game bar settings along with it. It's really annoying and it often blocks me from recording things. Is there anyway I can deal with this? submitted by /u/aGuyHelloHi [link] [comments]...
  6. path does not exist for windows games/apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    path does not exist for windows games/apps: I am unable to run any windows 10 store app or game now. it keeps saying the path does not exist and it keeps saying C drive even if i have the game installed on another drive... when i open windows app folder the game is still there and installed at the path it says does...
  7. Game Bar opens settings making it unusable.

Game Bar opens settings making it unusable.: Every time I'm in a game and I press win+G it opens game bar, but also minimizes my game and opens the gaming settings. I've tried different games and I've played with the settings but nothing works. Please help! submitted by /u/notaboogaloo [link] [comments]...
  8. "Game Bar isn't supported for this game's settings."

"Game Bar isn't supported for this game's settings.": This is the message I get when I do Windows+G in Minecraft. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/idkmelo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itllm5/game_bar_isnt_supported_for_this_games_settings/
  9. Game Bar not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar not opening.: Hello! I would like to ask a question about my game bar on Windows 10. I use my game bar to fix game audio, record game clips, take screenshots and much more things... but a few days ago I couldn't open my Game Bar. I used the usual keys,Win+G, but it still didn't work. I...
  10. Game does NOT open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game does NOT open: Im looking for someone that has the MY LITTLE PONY Game for Microsoft. I Downloaded it, It completely stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I had it working a little while, Now I cant open it again. I need Help If anyone else is having an issue or had an issue,...