Windows 10: Windows Game Bar not working, <something went wrong>

Discus and support Windows Game Bar not working, in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I try broadcasting a game, a message saying "something went wrong, try again later" appears. I have "let apps run in background" turned on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eminent Demon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Windows Game Bar not working,

Every time I try broadcasting a game, a message saying "something went wrong, try again later" appears. I have "let apps run in background" turned on, I also tried turning it off and on. I have tried resetting the game bar, uninstalling and reinstalling the xbox app, and resetting it. Lastly I have everything updated on my computer, at this point im lost, I've tried everything I could find online.

:)

Eminent Demon, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Game bar wont work for certain games?

Hi,

There are several possible explanations as to why the Game bar is not working with some of your games. Here's a list of the common factors:

• An incorrect configuration of the Xbox app settings
    • Compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC
    • An outdated version of the game
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Incompatible hardware
    • The device doesn't meet the game requirements.

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the affected games?
    • From which site have you downloaded the affected games?

Meanwhile, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . Issues in accessing Xbox app features can be resolved by this troubleshooter.

Additional troubleshooting solutions on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10 are provided on this

link

Catherine Cus., Oct 7, 2019
  4. Windows Game Bar not working,

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Game Bar not working,

1. Windows Game Bar not working, - Similar Threads - Game Bar working

2. Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Something went wrong: Something went wrong error 0x800706D9 in my Store. Please someone check it. I have Windows 10 21h1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/ad459315-11e0-47e1-9a99-10d6800a11cf
  3. something went wrong

something went wrong: How to fix this error message in MS Store. Im trying to update apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/62c07fc2-0bc1-4496-b5cd-0738e48eabe1
  4. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. something went wrong

something went wrong: Trying to update all apps in MS Store, however, I keep getting error something went wrong. I check for Windows update to see if it will fix the issue but my Windows says up to date....
  6. Something went wrong.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  7. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  8. "Something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong": Hello,I'm trying to enter insider programme I've registered already for insider program.But when I go and click get started it shows this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/569df1e6-3ce2-4630-9e33-00ff156b8e2d
  9. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  10. something went wrong

something went wrong: I have tried to use the store and send feedback but each time I do I get the something went wrong please try again later 0x8007139f. there is no way to log in, no way to send feedback because this is the only thing that keeps coming back. any help would be great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows game bar something went wrong

2. xbox game bar broadcast mixer not working