Windows 10: Windows Game Bar Recording not working correctly

Discus and support Windows Game Bar Recording not working correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I was filming a gameplay of Sonic in Kega Fusion and in ROBLOX and when I've found that when I've filmed it, the outcome of it looks like this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by saan1ty, Feb 14, 2021.

1. saan1ty Win User

Windows Game Bar Recording not working correctly

Hello! I was filming a gameplay of Sonic in Kega Fusion and in ROBLOX and when I've found that when I've filmed it, the outcome of it looks like this. Is there a fix for this? Please help! Windows Game Bar Recording not working correctly 6d4c8708-18e0-4c25-8d8a-d9a253fde717?upload=true.png

:)

saan1ty, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Videos are frozen in recordings using Game Bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue is caused when the recording doesn’t end correctly. Normally when this happens you will need to restart the Game bar to fix the problem.

However, if restarting the Game bar doesn’t fix this issue, we can try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Close the game and Game bar.
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open
      Task Manager.
    3. In Task Manager, click on more details.
    4. From the list of running processes, look for
      Broadcast bar server
      (bcastdvr.exe), right click on it and select
      End task
    5. Restart your game and Game bar and try recording games.

You can also try updating Display drivers form Device manager to make sure the latest version of Display drivers are installed on the computer. To update the Display drivers, please follow the steps mentioned in the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

For additional information, you can refer the article:
    Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 14, 2021
  4. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Game Bar Recording not working correctly - Similar Threads - Game Bar Recording

2. xbox game bar recording not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game bar recording not working: i just cant record using shortcuts or by clicking on this and idk what to do, im on windows11 btw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording-not-working/dbd1c2e4-9de4-4135-9f21-62e1a3c5c2a7
  3. Xbox Game Bar recording not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar recording not working: Ok so I'm trying to record game moments with the xbox game bar. The default shortcut keys don't work for me "Win+Alt+R". And yes, I made sure I didn't change the hotkey for it. I made sure all my capture settings were on, no luck. I restarted my PC, no luck. I made sure the...
  4. Xbox Game Bar recording not working

Xbox Game Bar recording not working: Ok so I'm trying to record game moments with the xbox game bar. The default shortcut keys don't work for me "Win+Alt+R". And yes, I made sure I didn't change the hotkey for it. I made sure all my capture settings were on, no luck. I restarted my PC, no luck. I made sure the...
  5. [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly: Hello,My background recording is set to 3 minutes, but when I try to record those past "3 minutes", it only records random amount below 1 minute.Windows 10, all updates, I did the troubleshooting, game dvr is not losing any memory always around 1200mb.This problem happens no...
  6. [PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly

[PC] Xbox Game Bar background recording doesn't record correctly: Hello,My background recording is set to 3 minutes, but when I try to record those past "3 minutes", it only records random amount below 1 minute.Windows 10, all updates, I did the troubleshooting, game dvr is not losing any memory always around 1200mb.This problem happens no...
  7. Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.: I'm currently facing a similar issue as to this user: Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size - Microsoft CommunityOriginally it should be full window size the game MultiMC uses window preset at 854x480, but it isn't. What happened?Device: Surface Pro 7OS: Windows...
  8. Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.

Xbox Game Bar is not recording in the correct window size.: I'm currently facing a similar issue as to this user: Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size - Microsoft CommunityOriginally it should be full window size the game MultiMC uses window preset at 854x480, but it isn't. What happened?Device: Surface Pro 7OS: Windows...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Recorder Not Working

Xbox Game Bar Recorder Not Working: So whenever now I open xbox game bar I cant record but not only that in the settings app. When I click on gaming and click xbox game bar. IT doesnt show the change shortcuts thing and when I click captures it doesnt show recording preferences. So i cant change anything in...
  10. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size: Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner of the space it plays in. This wasn't always the case, it started happening several months ago. It only happens for video...