Windows 10: Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past

Discus and support Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing my game and I wanted to screen record what I was doing on the game, but when I got to the windows gamebar click on the record button. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William MD, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past

I was playing my game and I wanted to screen record what I was doing on the game, but when I got to the windows gamebar click on the record button. it said that my PC does not meet the requirements to record. I have screen recorded in the past and I have not had this issue before, I don't understand why it wont let me screen record.

:)

William MD, Jan 15, 2021
  2. renee1219 Win User

Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Hiding New Game Bar when Recording

Hi LeviathanTheEsper,

Normally, You can play your games while recording it in the background. It seems that background recording is not enabled on your computer that's why the Game bar is showing up when playing your games. Let's check if background recording is enabled by performing
    the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Gaming.
    3. Select Game DVR.
    4. Under Background Recording, check if the toggle switch is enabled.

We look forward to your update.

Ariel Acu, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Sunzzmuff Win User

Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past

Game Bar not recording?

Whenever i go to record on my Laptop, The game bar shuts down and says something like "unable to record at this time". Yes i have the setting turned on so i can record and take screenshots. I would upload a screenshot i took but microsoft is so buggy it
    just wont let me. Id love to be able to use this, i really want this resolved. help?

Sunzzmuff, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past

1. Windows Game bar recording wont let me record even though it would let me record in the past - Similar Threads - Game bar recording

2. Why won't xbox game bar let me record my gameplay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't xbox game bar let me record my gameplay?: Xbox Game bar have not been letting me record my games lately and I have already try to change the video to full screen borderless and still not working and different video qualities to it was working a few months ago and now it just doing this for all of my games and I have...
  3. Why won't xbox game bar let me record my gameplay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't xbox game bar let me record my gameplay?: Xbox Game bar have not been letting me record my games lately and I have already try to change the video to full screen borderless and still not working and different video qualities to it was working a few months ago and now it just doing this for all of my games and I have...
  4. Xbox game bar is not letting me record or clip videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar is not letting me record or clip videos.: I have tried everything but every time I click the record button it just says try again later. It's been saying that for 3 days now after I have updated it, tried to troubleshoot. It just won't work. Please don't refer me to the frequently asked questions because none of...
  5. Xbox game bar is not letting me record or clip videos.

Xbox game bar is not letting me record or clip videos.: I have tried everything but every time I click the record button it just says try again later. It's been saying that for 3 days now after I have updated it, tried to troubleshoot. It just won't work. Please don't refer me to the frequently asked questions because none of...
  6. Xbox game bar is not letting me record or clip videos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Xbox game bar does not let me record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox game bar does not let me record: When I try to record on Xbox game bar it won't let me it just says it does not work on desktop or files and I'm not on that I'm on a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-does-not-let-me-record/53f130f4-c073-4fdf-af45-dcd81c97d3b5
  8. gamebar won't let me record

gamebar won't let me record: when I try to click on record it says that my computer does not meet the hardware requirements for it I have a gt 1030 with the latest drivers and im on the latest windows update mind you I have tried everything on the web and even searched for answers here but no one else...
  9. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...
  10. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...