Windows 10: Windows Game notification crashes my game

Discus and support Windows Game notification crashes my game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been having some issues recently regarding a popup that crashes my game. Ironically, the popup is for broadcasting my game. Almost even more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GrimWeeper, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Windows Game notification crashes my game

I've been having some issues recently regarding a popup that crashes my game. Ironically, the popup is for broadcasting my game. Almost even more ironically, minutes before I experienced the most recent crash (which would have been about ten minutes ago) I disabled all of my Windows notifications. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to do now.

"(Do this action) to broadcast your game" pops up every time I'm playing a game, and every time it happens, it crashes my entire laptop. Not just the game. The entire laptop freezes. I can't open the task manager or anything. I have to unplug it, hold the power button down, wait 30 seconds, then start it again. Basically, I have to entirely restart the entire system. I rarely ever have anything else open than the game itself and Discord in the background so I can talk to my friends, so I don't think the issue lies within having too much open/overloading the laptop.

I also don't think it's an issue with the laptop itself. I just bought it November 2018, and it's running smoothly except for this one issue. It's been very irritating!

To sum it up, I disabled my Windows 10 notifications. I have an ongoing problem with a notification that alerts me that I can broadcast my game, which in turn crashes my game and freezes my laptop.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone potentially have a solution?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer. This has been a very annoying problem.

:)

GrimWeeper, Apr 1, 2019

2. Win 10 randomly kills games

Hi Laurynas,

To help you with your issue, we suggest you refer to the links below to get information about compatible games with Windows 10, and troubleshooting steps for crashing game issues:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 1, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Game Notifications

Hi Pat,

May we know what games are you setting the notifications to show on your desktop?

We suggest that you check the settings of the game if it is set to show notifications to your desktop. We may suggest that you check the software developer's website on how to set the notifications of the game to appear on your desktop.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 1, 2019
  4. PatM.YV. Win User

Windows Game notification crashes my game

Windows store games and Facebook Game room notifications.

Hey all, I no longer receive notifications from Windows store games and Facebook Game room games. I do receive them from all other places.

Just upgraded to the creators build: 10.0.15063-138.

All notifications are turned on in the games, but it no longer shows notifications option for games in the notifications list.

Thanks, Pat.

PatM.YV., Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Game notification crashes my game

1. Windows Game notification crashes my game - Similar Threads - Game notification crashes

2. My games keep crashing on my gaming PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep crashing on my gaming PC: I have a Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660S, 16Gb RAM, 4Tb HDD where it is installed. For some reason my game keeps crashing. At first I thought maybe my computer was getting too hot so I use an air canister to clean it out and my GPU temperature stabilizes at 70C so I don't think it's...
  3. My games keep crashing on my gaming PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games keep crashing on my gaming PC: I have a Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660S, 16Gb RAM, 4Tb HDD where it is installed. For some reason my game keeps crashing. At first I thought maybe my computer was getting too hot so I use an air canister to clean it out and my GPU temperature stabilizes at 70C so I don't think it's...
  4. my games crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my games crash: games random crash from like 5min in the game or 5h its so random and i have been testing everything but nothing helps its no error its just closing i tested deliting everything and reinstal my cp and just download rust and it didnt help its happend to all my game...
  5. my games crash

my games crash: games random crash from like 5min in the game or 5h its so random and i have been testing everything but nothing helps its no error its just closing i tested deliting everything and reinstal my cp and just download rust and it didnt help its happend to all my game...
  6. Crash Windows on Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash Windows on Games: I've been having problems in games for a long time, I've seen the memory dumps but I don't understand them, could someone tell me what is the reason?14: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  7. Crash Windows on Games

Crash Windows on Games: I've been having problems in games for a long time, I've seen the memory dumps but I don't understand them, could someone tell me what is the reason?14: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  8. My Games Keep Crashing On My Gaming Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Games Keep Crashing On My Gaming Pc: Having Crazy Issues With My Game CrashingMy Latest Crash Log:Faulting application name: destiny2.exe, version: 28102.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60838c00Faulting module name: destiny2.exe, version: 28102.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60838c00Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset:...
  9. gaming pc crashing in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gaming pc crashing in games: i keep getting errors "kmode exception not handled" and once got the error "system thread exception not handled". my pc is a brand new gaming pc that i built mid September all brand new parts it worked for about a month with no issues then i started getting the error "DCP...
  10. Notifications during games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications during games: Is there a way to stop receiving notifications in game but with windowed full screen? the focus assist only seems to work with fullscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-during-games/1798f138-64d9-43d5-8c5c-0f26c30a62fb