Windows 10: Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list...

Discus and support Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Since Windows update to 20H2, video capture on Windows gaming results in NO sound on Playback. Sound plays during capture, but not recorded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gabriella108, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list...

Hello!

Since Windows update to 20H2, video capture on Windows gaming results in NO sound on Playback. Sound plays during capture, but not recorded.

Prior to update, playback sound worked perfectly on videos captured in Windows G.
    Have gone through many threads and the check-lists in Community ...fix-sound-problems-in-windows-10-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56.
    All updates completed. All drivers up to date. Changed speaker properties in control panel. Troubleshooter states NO problem. Restarted audio services.
    All other sound works perfectly.
    Please tell me what I am missing.

Thank you!

:)

Gabriella108, Apr 17, 2021

2. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 17, 2021
  3. suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program

Hi

I would like some suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program...

Have tried loads and loads today, Free & trial versions...many free ones have 3 minute limits or watermarks etc etc...

I need to capture some video & audio from a website...The video is 11-12 minutes long...Ideally i would like a small window ( not recorded ) showing status...and use a hot key to start end recording, or a timer would be even better.

Prefer a free program, but can pay if its to get what i need....many programs that accept a URL only accept from a list....which mine falls outside of

Thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list...

Video capture has a black screen and working audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• Which application are you using to record the screen?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game Bar to record the screen, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Change Game Bar settings:

I would suggest you to change the capture settings for Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Captures on the left pane.
    4. Under Recorded video, change the
      Video frame rate
      to 60 fps.
    5. Now, set the Video quality to
      high
      from the drop down.

Change the game video settings:

You may also want to change the video settings for the game to full screen windowed mode.

Check Xbox Game Monitoring service:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list...

1. Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list... - Similar Threads - Gaming Video Capture

2. Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11: Hi, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 approximately a week ago, and ever since playback of any video or audio has been relentlessly slow even if it's already loaded. This happens online only as downloaded media is running just fine, but if I upload them online and play them...
  3. Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11: Hi, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 approximately a week ago, and ever since playback of any video or audio has been relentlessly slow even if it's already loaded. This happens online only as downloaded media is running just fine, but if I upload them online and play them...
  4. Game Bar capture not playing audio in playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar capture not playing audio in playback: So I recently used the game bar feature to capture some gameplay I wanted for a video. I ended the recording and check to see if it was good, but turns out all the audio wasn't there. I checked my Capture settings, and "Game" is checked off under "Audio to Record", and I have...
  5. Game Bar capture not playing audio in playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar capture not playing audio in playback: So I recently used the game bar feature to capture some gameplay I wanted for a video. I ended the recording and check to see if it was good, but turns out all the audio wasn't there. I checked my Capture settings, and "Game" is checked off under "Audio to Record", and I have...
  6. 20H2 sound and video problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 sound and video problems: So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound would not work and my videos, browser videos, wallpaper engine and games kept stuttering. The video would work for a second...
  7. No sound on captured videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on captured videos: So my issue is I have no sound on captured videos via the windows key + alt + G shortcut, this is basically part of the Windows 10 Gaming Bar, which records the last 5 minutes of my screen. I initialy realised I had this issue when trying to use the NVidia Instant Reply...
  8. In-game [video] playback control

in Windows 10 Customization
    In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  9. In-game [video] playback control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-game [video] playback control: First of all, I hope that this feature is actually connected to Windows os and not to Steam client. Now let me explain what happened. I was playing Rocket League with a dualshock controller while a youtube video was playing in the background. I accidentaly pressed some...
  10. Videos captured using game bar do not have sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos captured using game bar do not have sound: Videos captured using windows 10 game bar do not have sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-captured-using-game-bar-do-not-have-sound/00011a8b-0cf5-46d2-a6ee-5bb86b2ae723"