Windows 10: windows gamma calibration won't stick

Discus and support windows gamma calibration won't stick in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I got a problem with my gamma calibration after updating my GTX 760 a few days ago... whenever I launch a game (doesn't matter what game it is) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Cerawy, May 12, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

windows gamma calibration won't stick

I got a problem with my gamma calibration after updating my GTX 760 a few days ago... whenever I launch a game (doesn't matter what game it is) the gamma calibration I made in windows disables itself completely so my desktop becomes dark again... So I have to sit and make a new calibration everytime Im done playing a game... I was satisfied with my calibration that I made but I don't want to sit and make a new one everyday.

:)

Cerawy, May 12, 2017
  2. bizzarity Win User

Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting

My gamma calibration keeps resetting every time the display "refreshes" -- when it goes to sleep, when I open something fullscreen etc. I fixed this problem in the previous version of Windows 10 by instead changing the gamma on the Intel control panel, but
    they've taken away that option because gamma is now part of the operating system (source). So now my Intel settings are overriding my Windows settings just like they
    were, but I can't change the Intel settings anymore so I'm stuck with calibration that won't stick.

I'm tired of having to fix this problem every time I install an update. I'm annoyed that my eyes are straining on the default very low gamma.

If I can't fix the gamma, can someone help me roll back to a previous update, when this wasn't a problem?

Thanks.

Basics:

Windows 10 v1703 (installed this morning)

Acer Aspire V Nitro 64x

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

bizzarity, May 12, 2017
  3. scf(2) Win User
    Screen display adjustments won't save

I just bought a new laptop - HP Pavillion with windows 10. The display looks washed-out. It seems it's mostly the gamma settings. When I go to calibrate the display (Settings: Display: Advanced Display Settings: Color Calibration), I can get it look good
    (especially changing the gamma). I go through the whole process - even adjusting the text appearance. But the dang adjustments won't stay. Eventually it reverts back to the way it looked out of the box. How can I get my settings to save?? Please help!

Thanks

scf(2), May 12, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

A known issue since updating to Creators Update. It hasn't been fixed yet.

eLPuSHeR, May 12, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I would never use Windows to calibrate my monitors*Eek
    (waaaaay to in exact)

For my HP 27VX 1920 x 1080 monitor I use NVIDIA's Control Panel:

windows gamma calibration won't stick [​IMG]

For my BenQ 4K monitor I use the included software: "Display Pilot".

Try using your GPU to calibrate first.

Cliff S, May 12, 2017
  6. Cerawy Win User
    this seems to have solved it... but the problem is that i can't really seem to get a good picture with the nvidia control panel settings... my monitor is a lg 27ea33 ips monitor and my graphics cards is a nvidia gtx 760ti.

Cerawy, May 15, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    See this post, I hope it might help: Calibrate Monitor in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Cliff S, May 15, 2017
  8. Cerawy Win User

Im closing this because the original problem is solved.

Cerawy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows gamma calibration won't stick - Similar Threads - gamma calibration won't

2. MMO's brightness, contrast and gamma sliders won't move

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMO's brightness, contrast and gamma sliders won't move: I haven't used my graphics sliders in lotro for a while, and when I tried last week, they won't move. Other graphics sliders work. I went to the game's community and folks claimed an MS update caused the problem on some computers, an update coming out last year. However,...
  3. Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor: I have a Lenovo x1 connected to an eGPU with RX570 that powers my 4k + 2k monitor. The 2k monitor's text looks fuzzy so I tried to calibrate ClearType on it but whenever I try, it doesn't proceed through the calibration process. Right when I click next I get the message that...
  4. Unable to change gamma in NVIDIA Control Panel or Calibration Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change gamma in NVIDIA Control Panel or Calibration Tool: So, this has happened a couple of times to me. A windows update finally goes through and for some reason it changes my gamma setting back to normal, ignoring what I set it to in the NVIDIA control panel. When I got back to the control panel and move the gamma slider, nothing...
  5. BU0836X game controller won't calibrate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BU0836X game controller won't calibrate: After updating from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro my BU0836X game controller cannot be calibrated. It shows up in the list of game controllers but when you click on properties to try and calibrate the device the box says it's a communications device and calibrate is...
  6. "Open with" preferences won't stick

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open with" preferences won't stick: Hello everybody, whenever I instruct Windows 10 to open a certain file type with a certain program, the setting lasts a few minutes to a few hours, and then it reverts back to whatever Windows sees fit (i.e. Edge for PDFs, Photos for images...). This has been going on for a...
  7. Windows 10 Gamma Issues

Windows 10 Gamma Issues: Hi, Every time my laptop restarts the gamma resets. This is a problem that has existed with my laptop (Acer Aspire) since starting it out of the box. The gamma is extremely high and is still high even after turning it down to the lowest levels. Things I have tried and...
  8. Gamma Calibration issue

Gamma Calibration issue: Hey, I'm trying to change my gamma settings for Rust. And I use the windows "Calibrate Display Color" feature and I change my gamma, but the moment it changes, it immediately resets back to default settings. My Graphics driver is AMD Radeon. And my computer is a HP Pavilion,...
  9. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!: I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly. I tried saving...
  10. Won't let me calibrate

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't let me calibrate: My Windows 10 laptop won't let me calibrate, it just says I don't have permission. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you. 43878

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamma settings wont stick