Windows 10: Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Discus and support Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexaLANDMANN, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem?

Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this? e9dccb4d-9570-4493-8d29-eecdaa576604?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlexaLANDMANN, Nov 27, 2018

2. Generic Credentials

Hi,

Saving your login information in the Windows Credential Manager can be helpful as it saves time when logging in to websites or other computers on a network. To provide you the best steps in resolving your issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is your email domain?
    • Are you using Outlook app, Mail app, or Outlook.com to access your email?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Unknown credentials in Credential + web manager

Hi Ross,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run system maintenance troubleshooter and check if this helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on view all and click on
      System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method2.

If that does not help, I suggest you to delete unknown credential one by one run a virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner).

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 3.

If you are using Internet Explorer I suggest you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser. Please clear your browser's cookies
    by following the instructions on the link below:

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Check on Delete browsing history on exit
      and click Delete.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

1. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this? - Similar Threads - 'generic credentials' unknown

2. Unknown Generic Monitor Connected to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Generic Monitor Connected to Bluetooth: Hello,I was wondering what the "Generic Monitor" under other devices is and how is it connected to my PC. I can remove it, but it always reconnects when I disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth. Also, in Bluetooth file transfer, I found a device NAD VISO1 00C904 which is not...
  3. unknown Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown Windows Credentials: Windows Web Credentials are showing up that are unexplained, contain urls that are technically not URLs but strings of data keys or hashed pashwords associated with themDoes the account refer to any services, or can I safely delete it?...
  4. unknown Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown Windows Credentials: Windows Web Credentials are showing up that are unexplained, contain urls that are technically not URLs but strings of data keys or hashed pashwords associated with themDoes the account refer to any services, or can I safely delete it?...
  5. unknown Windows Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Generic credentials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Generic credentials: Hi I would like to know what the following means : Microsoft_Paidconnectivity_WiFi_AccessToken Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-credentials/c73f7df1-1e1f-47f9-ab2f-a6d3c2771acd
  7. Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unrecognised Username in Generic Credentials for SSO_POP_Device: Whilst trying to resolve a different problem of Windows 10 Outlook 2010 suddenly repeatedly asking me to reenter my password for one of my POP3 email account, during which I found a suggested solution was to delete any Outlook related credentials, I discovered an unrecognised...
  8. Generic Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Generic Credentials: Under Generic Credentials there are several Users w/Passwords that are not me. Are they suppose to be there ? or is someone on my laptop computer, When I remove them, they come right back....
  9. Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic Credentials - MS live (SSO_POP_Device): Unrecognized username & password listed,...: Hi all! It seems the more I learn the less I know about computers! I desperately need to learn what to look for in terms of viruses or hackers on my computer, and do not want to install Norton, McAfee..not even the free Avast program as they have ALL failed me in the past. I...
  10. What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is Windows Credential Manager (Generic Credentials) meant to be?: This thing is confusing me. [img] When I check my Windows Credential Manager I always see 02qqrmpycirm and a password that recreates by itself even when I remove it. I have no idea what 02qqrmpycirm is. But when I check my registry I find this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unidentified entries in windows credential manager

2. unknown generic credential windows credentials

3. what are the unknown apps listed in credential manager