Windows 10: WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with...

Discus and support WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I dual booted ubuntu 16.04 into my Windows 10 Asus x510 laptop with optane memory. To install Ubuntu, I had to change drivers from RST to AHCI and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RohithRajesh, Dec 27, 2018.

1. WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with...

So I dual booted ubuntu 16.04 into my Windows 10 Asus x510 laptop with optane memory. To install Ubuntu, I had to change drivers from RST to AHCI and disable the optane in the process which I did following which the windows booted perfectly fine.

Now after 1 week, i am constantly having BSOD everytime I switch to windows while my Ubuntu works just fine. In fact the BSOD prevents me from doing anything as it comes just after bootup.

The exceptions I get are :

Kernel Security check failure

System thread exception

Please provide a relevant solution

:)

RohithRajesh, Dec 27, 2018
  2. dcf-joe Win User

dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_windows_xp_and_linux_xp_installed_first.htm (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Dec 27, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Agriz Win User

WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with...

How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

Hi

I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows.

It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu.

What settings do i need to unlock?

After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux.

Agriz, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with...

1. WIndows getting BSOD instantly after booting after dual booted with Ubuntu in a device with... - Similar Threads - getting BSOD instantly

2. unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot: I have installed ubuntu 22.04 dual boot in my ASUS laptop . when i tried back to boot into windows it does't boot back. it shows diagonising message and windows is unable to auto repair error message.windows boot manager is showing while booting screen but it doesnt boot...
  3. unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to boot back to windows after installing ubuntu dual boot: I have installed ubuntu 22.04 dual boot in my ASUS laptop . when i tried back to boot into windows it does't boot back. it shows diagonising message and windows is unable to auto repair error message.windows boot manager is showing while booting screen but it doesnt boot...
  4. Boot option restore BSOD after installing Ubuntu in dual boot mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot option restore BSOD after installing Ubuntu in dual boot mode: I bought a new HP laptop ck2018tu with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I wanted to install Ubuntu in dual boot. I installed it. But after restart, intead of getting grub menu it is showing blue screen with message 'Restoring boot option' then goes black, again same blue screen...
  5. merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu: after dual booting win and linıx icant merge two partittions and after this disclaimer it gives this error [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-partitions-after-dual-boot-ubuntu/fd74f858-cb1f-418e-8ad3-b865fa8a4f22
  6. Issues booting Windows 10 after failing to Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues booting Windows 10 after failing to Dual Boot Ubuntu: Hi all, I was trying to dual boot Ubuntu on my Windows 10 machine. The install for Ubuntu failed, and now whenever I try to boot to my solid state drive that only has Windows 10 on it, it won't work, because it can't find the Windows install or something. I have an HD...
  7. Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot Windows after installing Ubuntu as dual boot: Initially my windows was running perfectly. Then i tried to dual boot it with ubuntu. After doing dual boot I'm not able to access windows. I'm getting a screen like this.[IMG]I also tried using grub command but it didn't work!! ***Original title: Dual boot***...
  8. Can't boot after dual-boot crash (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

Can't boot after dual-boot crash (Windows 10 and Ubuntu): I have a problem with my Lenovo h500. I replaced the hard drive with a 1 TB WDC drive and upped the RAM to 8 GB. The unit came with Windows 8, and I upgraded to Windows 10 and have installed every update up until May 2018. Then I installed ubuntu 18.04 in a dual-boot...
  9. Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu

Lost the Alienware boot animation after dual booting with Ubuntu: Hi guys, I have Alienware 17 R3. I have dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04. Now when I select windows in grub menu, the generic windows 10 animation shows up with 1024x768 resolution. Is there a way to restore my Alienware boot animation? Thank you. 69227
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...