Windows 10: Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file

Discus and support Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve had this issue for a while now, but before it just happend at random times. Now, whenever I open a certain file, the key is being pressed down not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anonymous1096F, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file

I’ve had this issue for a while now, but before it just happend at random times. Now, whenever I open a certain file, the key is being pressed down not physically. Ive tried the on screen keyboard, but its the same issue, so its not my keyboard that is being the problem. Ive had this file for a while but this just started happening.

:)

Anonymous1096F, Aug 3, 2020
  2. DylanMika Win User

Certain programs make my computer act as if certain keys are pressed down

Hello,

Recently, I've been having a very strange issue: while running certain programs, my computer suddenly begins to act as if certain keys on my keyboard are being pressed. In the beginning, it acted as though the CTRL key was pressed (ex: pressing "w" executes
    the "CTRL + w" command). Now, it acts as though my "c" and "v" keys are being pressed (when typing, a string of cs and vs are rapidly typed across the screen). Opening the onscreen keyboard confirms that my computer thinks that the keys are being pressed.
    Only restarting my pc temporarily fixes the issue. Here's what I've done to try to remedy it:

• press both CTRL keys for 15 seconds
    • turn off sticky keys, toggle keys, and filter keys
    • switch out my keyboard
    • plug my keyboard into a different usb port
    • uninstall and reinstall my keyboard drivers
    • hold CTRL + Shift for 15 seconds
    • reinstall windows
    • run system file checker
    • enter safe mode
    • uninstall and reinstall all of my usb drivers
    • check for malware

The problem with the CTRL key happened no matter what program I was using, but the problems with the c and v keys have only started while playing a game. Any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DylanMika, Aug 3, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 3, 2020
  4. dhievm Win User

Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file

Booting without press any key

I use a toshiba laptop , at startup can not be readily loading into Windows 8 , so it has to press any key emerging loading . How to overcome in order to loading without press ?

dhievm, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file

1. Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file - Similar Threads - getting false key

2. When I press certain keys, it's like not working and when it does the key responds as like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press certain keys, it's like not working and when it does the key responds as like...: When I press Y, U, I, H, J, K, L, and N , and M it all responds as something other than the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-certain-keys-its-like-not-working-and/be5561c4-b1c9-41f0-a09a-f87aaf8ee646
  3. When I press certain keys, it's like not working and when it does the key responds as like...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press certain keys, it's like not working and when it does the key responds as like...: When I press Y, U, I, H, J, K, L, and N , and M it all responds as something other than the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-certain-keys-its-like-not-working-and/be5561c4-b1c9-41f0-a09a-f87aaf8ee646
  4. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  5. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  6. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...: when i press the left arrow key, and when i press up arrow key while holding left, the up arrow doesnt work same happens with "W", "E" and "'" and ";" i am a gamer and i cant play many games because of this issue i dont have an idea that its technical or hardware issue...
  7. Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing a Media Key "Presses" Another Key In Certain Programs: My problem is that pressing my media keys (volume up, down, play/pause, etc.) also does a certain function as of what another key does. Such as pressing the mute button would mute my PC, but would also "press" the D key. This probably doesn't make sense, but it does happen....
  8. Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down): So, every once in a while my computer starts acting like I'm holding down "6" number key when I'm not. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-receiving-false-key-presses-as-if-a-key-is/330da41a-adf2-435b-8c7a-9422d0685860
  9. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49
  10. false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged: i just recently have this issued where my desktop think im pressing up on the keyboard. I even tried unplugging and shutting down/restart my computer and it's still doing the samething. i cant use chrome or use and of the icon on the deaktop becuz it move back up/scroll...