Windows 10: Windows getting stuck in corners in multiple screen setup. (Windows 10)

Discus and support Windows getting stuck in corners in multiple screen setup. (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When trying to move windows from one screen to another, they just get stuck in the corners and refuse to smoothly be moved to the other screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AleksiQQ, Jun 27, 2019.

1. AleksiQQ Win User

Windows getting stuck in corners in multiple screen setup. (Windows 10)

When trying to move windows from one screen to another, they just get stuck in the corners and refuse to smoothly be moved to the other screen.

Having come from Windows 7, where this was never a problem, this issue is EXTREMELY aggravating. So is this a bug or just another godawful feature?

Either way, is there a fix for this or can it be disabled?

:)

AleksiQQ, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Pfaeff Win User

Prevent mouse from getting stuck in the corners [dual screen setup]

Hello everyone,

I use the window snapping feature a lot, but mainly for maximizing windows. I have a dual screen setup and when I drag a window along the top edge of the screen onto the second screen, it becomes stuck. This is very annoying, because I often want to move a window from screen 1 to screen 2 and maximize it at the same time.
    I first thought that this issue was related to the new ability to snap windows to one of the four corners. But even if I turn off snapping entirely and even if I am not dragging a window at all, my mouse becomes stuck in the top right corner of the first screen.
    How can I fix this?

Greetings,

Pfaeff, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Windows getting stuck in corners in multiple screen setup. (Windows 10)

Prevent mouse from getting stuck in the corners [dual screen setup]

Do both screens have the same resolution ?
    Are they aligned exactly side by side in the Screen Resolutions settings (You can see the co-ordinates when you drag the monitor icon up or down)?

Either of these will cause the mouse to "stick" at the top or bottom edges of the screens

MikeWilliams, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows getting stuck in corners in multiple screen setup. (Windows 10)

1. Windows getting stuck in corners in multiple screen setup. (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - getting stuck corners

2. Windows 11 Setup stuck on "Getting Updates" screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setup stuck on "Getting Updates" screen: When setting up Windows 11, I keep getting stuck on the Getting updates screen. After a while, it says that the installation has failed. It always gets stuck at 46% before the failure message....
  3. Windows 11 Setup stuck on "Getting Updates" screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Setup stuck on "Getting Updates" screen: When setting up Windows 11, I keep getting stuck on the Getting updates screen. After a while, it says that the installation has failed. It always gets stuck at 46% before the failure message....
  4. Windows 10 setup stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 setup stuck: So a couple of months ago i got windows 11 and was having some issues with it so I decided to go back to windows 10. The installing and setup went well until it got stuck at this screen. It has been on this screen for 24 hours and it won’t Progress any further. Also the...
  5. Windows 10 setup stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 setup stuck: So a couple of months ago i got windows 11 and was having some issues with it so I decided to go back to windows 10. The installing and setup went well until it got stuck at this screen. It has been on this screen for 24 hours and it won’t Progress any further. Also the...
  6. Windows 10 setup stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Setup stuck at "Getting Updates"

Windows 10 Setup stuck at "Getting Updates": Hello I am updating my Windows 8.1 PC to Windows 10. I am stuck on the "Getting Updates" page at 14% for 6 hours. Can someone help me? And yes, I restared Windows 10 Setup four times, still stops at 14% PC Info: OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Version: 6.3.9600...
  8. Sticky corners, multiple monitors. WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky corners, multiple monitors. WINDOWS 10: Greetings, Dippy Doos at Microsoft. I am having this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_personal/how-to-disable-sticky-corners-in-windows-10/cb077f2d-920f-4f51-8e61-28578ab31ec9 You have not adequately helped the person in...
  9. Windows 10 Setup stuck

Windows 10 Setup stuck: Why does the Windows 10 setup get stuck at the magic number of 46% in checking for updates? I see here online that this has been a problem for many since 2015! Why does Microsoft insult its customers by not fixing this in a timely manner? Also why no hint on what the...
  10. Prevent mouse from getting stuck in the corners [dual screen setup]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent mouse from getting stuck in the corners [dual screen setup]: Hello everyone, I use the window snapping feature a lot, but mainly for maximizing windows. I have a dual screen setup and when I drag a window along the top edge of the screen onto the second screen, it becomes stuck. This is very annoying, because I often want to move a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual screen stuck in corner

2. second screen stuckin the corner?