Windows 10: Windows glitched and now my Chrome and AVG secure browser only display a black screen.

Discus and support Windows glitched and now my Chrome and AVG secure browser only display a black screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My Chrome and AVG secure browser only show a black screen. This is a windows glitch as its affect is common to both of the non-Microsoft browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Corpuscle, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Corpuscle Win User

Windows glitched and now my Chrome and AVG secure browser only display a black screen.

Hi. My Chrome and AVG secure browser only show a black screen.

This is a windows glitch as its affect is common to both of the non-Microsoft browsers installed to my system, and both of those browsers broke simultaneously when I booted my P.C. with a third screen attached to the graphics card.

I have tried reinstalling the GPU drivers (I used Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode before reinstalling the GPU drivers) but this didn't work.

I have tried re-installing Chrome but I still get the black screen. This is a Windows issue (to reiterate, it effected both Chrome and the AVG secure browser at the same time, and both remain broken).

The one thing I've found that does let me display Chrome correctly is to click on "Uninstall Chrome" then, when the uninstaller launches, right-click on its tab on the taskbar, then click on "Google Chrome". If I do this, then Chrome opens and displays correctly...

...once it's open and displaying, I click on the Chrome tab a second time and click close on the uninstaller. This lets me use Chrome.

What can I do to resolve this issue? I've tried running a Windows update but it's not helped.

A solution would be most appreciated as I have all of my bookmarks (a lot of them) in Chrome.

:)

Corpuscle, Aug 14, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Screen glitch and Black screen

I was recently using Google Chrome on a computer running Windows 10 when a notification popped up informing me of a graphical error. Then the next day, just after logging on, a few graphical glitches appeared and the whole screen went black. The glitches
    kept appearing and then disappearing, so I decided to restart. Upon restart, the graphical glitches disappeared but the screen remained black. The computer was on because the lights on the keyboard were on and the fan was also on. Does anyone know how to fix
    this? Thank you

Matt Chapman 2018, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Windows glitched and now my Chrome and AVG secure browser only display a black screen.

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows glitched and now my Chrome and AVG secure browser only display a black screen.

1. Windows glitched and now my Chrome and AVG secure browser only display a black screen. - Similar Threads - glitched Chrome AVG

2. AVG secure search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG secure search: How do I remove AVG secure search? It doesn't show in my programs to use the uninstall tool. I get 5 pop up when I open Edge or Chrome! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avg-secure-search/d620de94-b3a3-44fa-8dc0-42f4ece65b84
  3. Updated display drivers now black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated display drivers now black screen: I need help! When I was in device manager, the display had an exclamation point beside it so I updated the drivers. When the computer rebooted, I see the Dell logo and the spinning white circle. The screen then goes black then another spinning circle then black screen again....
  4. Updated display drivers now black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated display drivers now black screen: I need help! When I was in device manager, the display had an exclamation point beside it so I updated the drivers. When the computer rebooted, I see the Dell logo and the spinning white circle. The screen then goes black then another spinning circle then black screen again....
  5. Updated display drivers now black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Chrome Browser Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome Browser Screen: I cannot display my Chrome Browser as a full screen. All of a sudden, it occupies only about 1/4 of the right-half computer display and I cannot bring it over with my mouse. Did I hit a wrong key somehow? My Microsoft Edge appears as a full screen on my Chrome Browser on...
  7. Avg browser visual glitch

Avg browser visual glitch: Hello I am having trouble using Avg secure browser when I open it, its just a black or white screen the buttons to exit out or minimize it still work but its really hard to use. I saw a previous post about it and tried to update it but it said it was up to date so I don't...
  8. Chrome glitching and flickering screen

Chrome glitching and flickering screen: Hi guys! Lately, I've been experiencing these glitchy flickery spasms while using google chrome on my HP Windows 10. I've tried the solutions where they change the display setting but it still doesn't work and it seems to only work for one account google chrome account. I've...
  9. Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

in Windows 10 News
    Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users: If your Firefox or Chrome browser has any of the below-listed four extensions offered by Avast and its subsidiary AVG installed, you should disable or remove them as soon as possible. - Avast Online Security - AVG Online Security - Avast SafePrice - AVG SafePrice Why? Because...
  10. Screen glitch and Black screen

Screen glitch and Black screen: I was recently using Google Chrome on a computer running Windows 10 when a notification popped up informing me of a graphical error. Then the next day, just after logging on, a few graphical glitches appeared and the whole screen went black. The glitches kept appearing and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome window glitched