Windows 10: Windows go nuts when need to update

Discus and support Windows go nuts when need to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is just a simple question, about a thing that i see for a long time, in lots of computers since windows 10. The this is: Why windows became nuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cipkroell, Feb 27, 2020.

1. cipkroell Win User

Windows go nuts when need to update

This is just a simple question, about a thing that i see for a long time, in lots of computers since windows 10.

The this is: Why windows became nuts when an update is ready to install?

This is what happens to me, not all at the same time, but usually most of the symptoms...

• Became unresponsive so we need to press the reset button and lose all work
    • star menu stop working
    • icons on taskbar became blank
    • icons on desktop become blank or disappear
    • software crashes
    • task manager don't come up, or crashes, or something else
    • keyboard or mouse stop responding
    • one of the graphics cards go offline
    • internet stop working
    • and so on...

So or you push the reset button or sometime you can make it restart, it installs the updates, and yes, it happens every single time, when one or more of these symptoms are shown, after that the computer is completely normal

So... can anyone care to explain to me why I have to lose my work for window do some stupid update as have happened today?

:)

cipkroell, Feb 27, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows go nuts when need to update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 27, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Windows go nuts when need to update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows go nuts when need to update

1. Windows go nuts when need to update - Similar Threads - nuts need update

2. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  3. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  4. NEED HELP WITH UPDATE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP WITH UPDATE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!: hello for some reason i cannot update the 2021-08 cumulative update for windows 10 version 20h2 for x64- based systems KB5005033. THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET IS "IT COULDNT COMPLETE THE UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES"AND ON MY WINDOWS UPDATE SECTION IT HAS THESE NUMBERS- 0x800f0922, can...
  5. Windows 10 1909 going nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 going nuts: Recently my gaming laptop started getting 100% HDD usage which also affected performance greatly(PC is slow on cold boot,5 second delay to exit steam update window, 4 seconds to swipe up lock screen) but even at 100% usage it gets fast for short amount of time but most of the...
  6. Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts

Windows turning on and the fan going absoloutly nuts: this might be a one time thing but eh. 2nd time posting here too, i am really shit at tech :( anyways, about an hour ago after turning on my pc from sleeping it takes a while to turn on the monitor, after a couple minutes windows says that my driver didn't respond and it...
  7. Cortana is going nuts!

in Cortana
    Cortana is going nuts!: My Cortana is pretty dumb since the new windows 10 update on my Lenovo Thinkpad, I love the old one, but the new one, it's so dumb it can only tell you a joke! Could you please bring the old Cortana back in the next update? Thanks so so so much! P.S: Can you also tell me...
  8. Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts)

Bluetooth refuses to work (going nuts): I’m about to go crazy. A couple weeks ago my Bluetooth started having issues. Whenever I have headphones connected they randomly disconnect. Sometimes they work for a couple hours, sometimes they drop after 5 minutes. I was using a crappy usb dongle, so I bought a new one...
  9. I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness

I'm Going Nuts - Adaptive brightness: To make this simple Adaptive brightness is off (registry, intel control panel, option not showing up in power options. This all started today. It sucks. I am on an Acer laptop. The problem only occurs when my laptop is plugged in. When it's on battery it works fine. Every...
  10. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713