Windows 10: Windows goes into Bitlocker recovery mode without activating Bitlocker

Discus and support Windows goes into Bitlocker recovery mode without activating Bitlocker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Dell laptop which has gone into Bitlocker recovery mode and I can not understand the reason for it, because I had never activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sohama WebDevLearner, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Windows goes into Bitlocker recovery mode without activating Bitlocker

I have a Windows 10 Dell laptop which has gone into Bitlocker recovery mode and I can not understand the reason for it, because I had never activated Bitlocker. The screen of the PC shows:Now, I did not use any bootable DVD or any external equipment while setting up the PC, so the key should have been available at my Microsoft account. I checked for it on the account that was used to set it up as well as the account which is currently affiliated to it, but I found none. This what the page shows:What do I have tried includes clicking the ‘Skip this drive’ button, reach the following page and

:)

Sohama WebDevLearner, Sep 2, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 2, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows goes into Bitlocker recovery mode without activating Bitlocker

Xylee Del, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows goes into Bitlocker recovery mode without activating Bitlocker

1. Windows goes into Bitlocker recovery mode without activating Bitlocker - Similar Threads - goes Bitlocker recovery

2. How to fix Bitlocker Recovery mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Bitlocker Recovery mode?: Hey folks!I turned on my PC today morning and encountered Bitlocker Recovery page. Looking over various solutions over the internet, I tried looking for bitlocker recovery keys on Microsoft.com by logging in my outlook account, but it says "You don't have any BitLocker...
  3. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  4. BitLocker Recovery without Key

BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  5. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

9. Keep looping the Bitlocker recovery mode

Keep looping the Bitlocker recovery mode: Hi Everyone, My Surface Pro keep entering the Bitlocker recovery mode once booting. However, after I entered the correct recovery code and reboot, it keep re-entering the same mode and cannot start up Windows properly. Please help! Thank you very much....
  10. [BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?: Hi, is there a way to encrypt a BitLocker drive without generating a recovery key? Other encryption tools such as DiskCryptor/VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt or those found on Linux can simply be used with one PIN, no recovery key required. BitLocker also allows to encrypt using...