Windows 10: Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

Discus and support Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ptownbro985, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed below.Any suggestions?1. Changed the plan settings for the both the “Balanced” and “Dell” plans under “Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options”. The “Dell” plan is the once selected, but I changed both.2. Changed the advanced power settings for the selected plan under “Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Pl

:)

Ptownbro985, Apr 5, 2023

2. windows 10 - display goes to sleep after 1 minutes despite power settings.

I have Windows 10. My display goes to sleep after 1 minutes despite having display settings set to never. And screen save is set to 30 minutes but is not coming on. How do I fix this problem?

loriwilliamson, Apr 5, 2023
  3. computer goes to sleep every few minutes despite settings

My laptop goes to sleep every few minutes despite the settings I have. I even have it set to not go to sleep when plugged into power and it still does.

MarkSlomann, Apr 5, 2023
  4. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

1. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings - Similar Threads - Goes Sleep Minutes

2. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  3. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  4. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  5. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  6. Computer shuts down or goes to sleep after 1 day, despite power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down or goes to sleep after 1 day, despite power settings: Hello, My computer shuts down or goes to sleep after around 1 day, despite the fact it is set to never go to sleep when plugged in. Any suggestions regarding this issue would be appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 Sleep settings ignored, goes to sleep after two minutes

Windows 10 Sleep settings ignored, goes to sleep after two minutes: I am having the same problem with Windows 10 workstation at work, as many others I have seen here: No matter what I adjust in power and advanced power settings, the screen turns off and computer goes to sleep, forcing me to log in, after appx 2 minutes. Note I have found...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...
  9. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  10. Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command: I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2 minutes if left alone. Help. Thanks, Mike 78669