Windows 10: windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

Discus and support windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. Seems to be ignoring the settings and going to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RogerVaughan1, May 7, 2020.

1. windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. Seems to be ignoring the settings and going to sleep after 10 to 15 minutes of no mouse movement or typing. impossible to watch a movie or listen to streaming music which we do all day.

:)

RogerVaughan1, May 7, 2020

2. Computer goes to sleep after about 5 minutes despite being set at 15 minutes

Since I upgraded to system 10 my computer goes to sleep after around 5 minutes of inactivity - it has become annoying as I am forever waking it up - I have set the sleep functions to 15 minutes but it still goes to sleep after 5 - any one help !!!! This
    is one of several annoying problems I am having since the upgrade.

Daryle Branford, May 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 7, 2020
  4. NenadB Win User

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min

Dear friends,

My Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2 minutes although I set it on 15 minutes?
    I have a password on my PC, does this matter?

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Nenad Bjelanovic

NenadB, May 7, 2020
Thema:

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

1. windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. - Similar Threads - goes sleep minutes

2. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  3. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  4. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  6. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  7. Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop goes to sleep even though power settings are set so it never sleeps. Not sure where...: I think this started after applying a windows update, but I’m not sure which one. submitted by /u/teknic111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbsg54/desktop_goes_to_sleep_even_though_power_settings/
  8. Windows 10 Sleep settings ignored, goes to sleep after two minutes

Windows 10 Sleep settings ignored, goes to sleep after two minutes: I am having the same problem with Windows 10 workstation at work, as many others I have seen here: No matter what I adjust in power and advanced power settings, the screen turns off and computer goes to sleep, forcing me to log in, after appx 2 minutes. Note I have found...
  9. Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min: Dear friends, My Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2 minutes although I set it on 15 minutes? I have a password on my PC, does this matter? Please advise. Kind regards, Nenad Bjelanovic 139254
  10. Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never"

Laptop Still Goes to Sleep Unexpectedly, Even With ALL Plugged-In Settings at "Never": I've drilled down into every last menu and tree branch I can find in the power settings, and set my laptop to not go to sleep if I walk away for five minutes while it's plugged in to AC power. It still does. I don't want it to sleep, hibernate, or shut off, EVER, unless I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 has started going to sleep even though the setting says never