Windows 10: Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working

Discus and support Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime i select the windows key the screen goes black and the task bar doesnt have any applications and when hovering over it is constantly thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by colbye17, Apr 16, 2024.

1. colbye17 Win User

Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working

Everytime i select the windows key the screen goes black and the task bar doesnt have any applications and when hovering over it is constantly thinking and goes black when clicking on itHave Tried reinstalling Graphics Drivers as well as System restore points which dont work

:)

colbye17, Apr 16, 2024

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 16, 2024
  3. imanalien Win User
    Taskbar freeze at start 20H2

Have you tried any or all of these.

Method 1: Use Powershell

Use the Powershell command to unfreeze the frozen taskbar by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the Windows logo key + R.

2. Type powershell in the Run dialog box.

3. Hit Enter.

4. Type the following command line: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}.

5. Hit Enter.

Take note that you have to enable the Windows Firewall before performing the task above. Here are the steps on how to check if the Windows Firewall was enabled:

1. Open Task Manager.

2. Click More Details.

3. Select the Services tab.

4. Make sure that MpsSvc, also described as Windows Firewall, is running.

Method 2: Enable the User Manager.

A disabled User Manager sometimes results in a frozen Windows taskbar. To re-enable the User Manager, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold Windows logo key + R.

2. Type services.msc.

3. Double-click the User Manager.

4. Set the Startup type to Automatic.

5. Hit OK.

6. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Disable Recently Opened Items.

Disabling the recently opened items helps to speed up the list launch. To disable items that are recently opened, follow the instruction below:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Select Personalization.

3. Click Start.

4. Slide the toggle button beside Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Star or the taskbar to turn it off.

So It freezes upon startup right after a fresh install of Windows? im asking if it worked but then you installed a VPN or Other Antivirus software and then it didnt work ?

imanalien, Apr 16, 2024
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Isn't Working Fine

Hi Pathak,

It is possible that your Taskbar is not working properly due to corrupted system files. To better assist you, I'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from the one you've mentioned?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    your Taskbar.

If the issue still persists, I also recommend that you follow these steps on how to disable services:

• Press Windows icon + R to open Run box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Go to Services tab and put a check on Hide all Microsoft services and click
      Apply.
    • Click Disable all.
    • Click Apply then OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working - Similar Threads - Going hitting key

2. Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Going back when hitting Win key and Taskbar not working: Everytime i select the windows key the screen goes black and the task bar doesnt have any applications and when hovering over it is constantly thinking and goes black when clicking on itHave Tried reinstalling Graphics Drivers as well as System restore points which dont work...
  3. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key: Hello, I'm having this error with my keyboard wherein I'd I press shift+m it will work as enter, it is really annoying when I'm doing my research since when I want to make a capital M it will enter instead. What to do?...
  4. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key: Hello, I'm having this error with my keyboard wherein I'd I press shift+m it will work as enter, it is really annoying when I'm doing my research since when I want to make a capital M it will enter instead. What to do?...
  5. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. When I hit the "Delete" key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit the "Delete" key?: On my Mac, I am using excel and have created a random name on a worksheet. When I hit the "Delete" key it acts like the "F9" key and calculates the random formula.i used rand and rank and match if that helps.how can I correct this?...
  7. taskbar showing when mouse hits it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar showing when mouse hits it: when im playing a game and the mouse come over the taskbar or the topbar it shows and i dont want that to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-showing-when-mouse-hits-it/f3ee2104-81fb-4d22-9684-48f022479749
  8. IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button: I have a little issue with a web up that opens in IE11. It works when the "thing" is installed on local pc (little installer that creates an icon on desktop pointing to Internal WebServer providing the app). 1. in app list of names is presented. To quickly find the data for...
  9. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...
  10. Ready to go back to win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Ready to go back to win 7: Well I have Win 10 installed, and want put win 7 back on. I have a Win7 64 bit disc (thanks to ICIT2LOL!) and my system will take 64 bit, is there an option to save all my files pictures videos etc, onto DVD with one click? or do I just 'send to' what I want to save to...