Windows 10: Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot

Discus and support Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I am in a weird kind of situation. I was expecting some issues with windows like some apps ( AMD Driver Updates, Razer Cortex ) not installing due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NiketanGulekar, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot

So I am in a weird kind of situation.

I was expecting some issues with windows like some apps ( AMD Driver Updates, Razer Cortex ) not installing due to some permission issues ( Eindows cannot find the file specified.). I was on Windows 10 1803. So I thought to reinstall Windows.

I downloaded Windows 10 1809 Iso from Microsoft Website. But when I mounted the ISO and opened setup exe, it wouldn't open and give the same error. So I made bootable USB using unetbootin. But when booted from USB the setup said something like cannot find sources/install.wim . So i recreated the bootable USB but still the error wasn't gone. Then I went to System Recovery > System Image Recovery > Install Driver and then opened the setup.exe from the extracted ISO. I ran the setup and Windows got installed. But then it stuck on Getting Ready screen with the dots spinning for such long time that my laptops battery got drained out. And thus now everytime I restart my laptop, i ai am greeted with the error "

The computer restarted unexpectedly..... Click Ok to restart installation". Upon clicking OK, the same thing happens. I cant boot into recovery normally. That can only be done from the bootable USB i created. But the USB doesn't allow me to reinstall windows ( Same error - cant find sources/install.wim ) same error appears upon opening the setup.exe file from extracted ISO.

At this point I guess my system is completely done. But i have lots of important data in the HDD that cant be backed up as I dont have any extra storage device. So i would likr to know if theres any other way to "restart" the installation or anything ?

I wad thinking of creating a new partition in thr HDD from CMD and then making it primary and trying to install windows windows to it somehow. If this can be done please tell .or any other way. I also read abkut changing some values in registry HKEY_local_machine > system > setup > status > child completion but those keys fontd exist in my system .

Any Help would be appreciated amd thank you.

:)

NiketanGulekar, Jan 11, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 11, 2019
  3. 4747 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4. AMDCam Win User

Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot

Windows Installer Corrupted

Hey, well a couple days ago I installed "Microsoft Update" over Windows Update, and WOW is that a great app, not only can it not update anything, but it corrupted my Windows Installer. Well since Windows XP knows better than me, I redownloaded Windows Installer 3.0 redistributable, and SWEET, Windows says "it's older than the current version, no update is necessary" and not only necessary but not possible to install. SOOOO should I reinstall SP2 or what? This is crazy. Thanks for the help

AMDCam, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot

1. Windows got corrupted while installation, can't boot - Similar Threads - got corrupted while

2. Can't install - installer corrupt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install - installer corrupt?: Hi All,A copule of days ago I upgraded to from Windows 10 Pro, Windows 11 Pro OS Build 10.0.22631.3155 and I'm now having problems installing or reinstalling ANY software using msi or exe I haven't tried installing anything from original disks because they're old and the...
  3. Can't install - installer corrupt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install - installer corrupt?: Hi All,A copule of days ago I upgraded to from Windows 10 Pro, Windows 11 Pro OS Build 10.0.22631.3155 and I'm now having problems installing or reinstalling ANY software using msi or exe I haven't tried installing anything from original disks because they're old and the...
  4. My windows got corrupted!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows got corrupted!: After a forced update, my computer started crashing and got corrupted being unable to restore, including performing auto repairs. I've installed a new Windows 11 ISO and is now requesting me for a product key I don't have and never needed.Me not having a computer working, and...
  5. My windows got corrupted!

My windows got corrupted!: After a forced update, my computer started crashing and got corrupted being unable to restore, including performing auto repairs. I've installed a new Windows 11 ISO and is now requesting me for a product key I don't have and never needed.Me not having a computer working, and...
  6. Windows Update that got corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update that got corrupted: So, I was installing a windows update when my power when out, and now I have the error 0x8007007e when I try to install it.I tried the troubleshooter and nothing, still the same issue, try SFC scan and it came with that some files couldn´t be repaired. What do I do now?...
  7. Windows Update that got corrupted

Windows Update that got corrupted: So, I was installing a windows update when my power when out, and now I have the error 0x8007007e when I try to install it.I tried the troubleshooter and nothing, still the same issue, try SFC scan and it came with that some files couldn´t be repaired. What do I do now?...
  8. Windows Update that got corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. my windows got corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my windows got corrupted: my windows got corrupted when i bought the new laptop the company gave windows 10 home i cant do anything can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-got-corrupted/96a4d927-af20-4917-a7d7-9e035ac0d52f
  10. My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..

in Windows 10 Support
    My registry got corrupted and now I can't boot at all..: so guys my registry got corrupted because of my stupidity but fortunately I have a backup but I don't know how to import my backuped registry Important Points I have tried all the safe modes but still can't get into the computer I have another window 10 install on my...