Windows 10: Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors

Discus and support Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I just started using dual monitors, but Windows reads my main display as Monitor 2 and my weaker one as Monitor 1. The option to make number 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thesiltstrider, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors

Hello, I just started using dual monitors, but Windows reads my main display as Monitor 2 and my weaker one as Monitor 1. The option to make number 2 to my main display is greyed out, even with the monitor selected up top. It should be noted that I'm not using the actual copy of windows 10, I always have that "Activate Windows" thing on my screen at all times. Thanks for any replies in advance

submitted by /u/thesiltstrider
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thesiltstrider, Dec 13, 2019

2. Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors

1. Windows greyed out "Make this my main display" with dual monitors - Similar Threads - greyed main display

2. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  3. Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected: I am connecting two Dell monitors to my Dell XPS laptop. They have worked fine in the past, but recently they suddenly stopped. Now, when I plug in one or the other, the dual screen works fine. However, when I try to connect both and use all three monitors my laptop screen +...
  4. Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected: I am connecting two Dell monitors to my Dell XPS laptop. They have worked fine in the past, but recently they suddenly stopped. Now, when I plug in one or the other, the dual screen works fine. However, when I try to connect both and use all three monitors my laptop screen +...
  5. Dual monitors greyed out when both are connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Dual Displays - Keep my main display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dual Displays - Keep my main display: I have been using Windows 10 on my Dell desktop PC for many years. I recently installed a clean installation & of course have all the updates. I have 2 monitors, my main Lenovo 24" 1920x1080 monitor display 2, and my 55" Samsung 4K HDTV configured 1920x1080 display 1,....
  7. "Make this my main display" is grey in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Make this my main display" is grey in Windows 10: When I set up my new computer which has Windows 10 I set up 2 displays. This was my first time using 2 displays. There is a check box in Settings under Display which says "Make This My Main Display". I accidentally clicked this when I was on the wrong display. Now the check...
  8. Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display

Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display: I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer. Dell is horizontal - DVI HDTV is vertical - HDMI When I turn on the computer and monitor is ON, Windows sees it as Display 1. Unfortunately when I turn on the TV, Windows assigns #1 to TV!!!! Rather...
  9. Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out: I switched out to a new computer a few months ago, and I still cannot figure this out. I used the same two monitors with my last Windows 10 HP computer, and my Dell monitor is locked in a low resolution with this new Dell computer. Everything is fully updated, including the...
  10. Can't make external monitor main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't make external monitor main display: I have an Acer Aspire ES-15 Win 10 laptop and an external Hanns-G monitor which i would like to make the main display. I go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY and there is a tickbox that says "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY" This is the option i want, however the tickbox is greyed out and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make this my main display greyed out

2. win10 make main display greyed out

3. change main display windows 10 greyed out

4. make this my main display disabled,
  5. windows 10 laptop main display greyed out,
  6. how to uncheck main display in windows 10,
  7. windows 10 make this my main display greyed out,
  8. make this my main display greyed out in windows 10,
  9. why is make this my main display greyed out on multiple displays