Windows 10: Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

Discus and support Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have noticed that the rendering of the Windows 10 GUI in general is slow compared to Windows 7 (same video card, 4K monitor using 150% scaling on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TioDrakul50, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

I have noticed that the rendering of the Windows 10 GUI in general is slow compared to Windows 7 (same video card, 4K monitor using 150% scaling on both). You notice the interface being "painted" in most situations (nothing so drastic as to prevent use, but noticeable).

As an example, in Windows 10 you notice the window briefly starting as a blank rectangle and then filling in (as if the window "blinks" before displaying the content), whereas in Windows 7 this blink does not happen, the content appears immediately . Is there anything I can try in the Windows 10 display settings to improve this?

submitted by /u/TioDrakul50
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TioDrakul50, Jul 23, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Aug 4, 2020
  3. SLOW!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

The issue may occur due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

In the meantime, we suggest to check this article to improve your PC performance:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 4, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this?

1. Windows GUI in general is slow, any tips improving this? - Similar Threads - GUI general slow

2. Switching to windows 10 any tips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching to windows 10 any tips?: Hi Everyone :) After over 5 years of using macOS and Linux I'm finally switching to windows. I can't afford a new mac anymore and my old one is on it's last legs. I'll still be using linux for my work, but I am going to buy a windows laptop soon. I have never used windows...
  3. I’m new to windows and computers in general got any tips?

I’m new to windows and computers in general got any tips?: Last Christmas my mom got me a gaming laptop (it’s all I had room for so don’t make fun of me) and the day I got it I almost destroyed it with viruses and was really put off by how confusing it was. I want to start uploading videos editing streaming and gaming on pc but I...
  4. Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10 - by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10 - by Microsoft: Ten basic items to consider... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...pc-performance HTH *Smile 155811
  5. Any tips?

Any tips?: [ATTACH] I'm trying to get rid of this, but nothing is working. Can someone tell me how? https://preview.redd.it/hcth3jolcu441.png?width=1001&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebd14b9ea7ba6948db1819d0186abf8b979ca681 submitted by /u/damyan_270 [link] [comments]...
  6. General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions

in Windows 10 News
    General Scanner problems, troubleshooting tips and solutions: [ATTACH] Nothing is worse than completing a project before time but submitting it late due to ‘Slow Scan or Print’ problem. Similarly, other issues with the scanner can cause frustration to the users. In today’s column, we’ve highlighted some major Scanner [...] This post...
  7. Tips for Improving Your PC's Performance in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tips for Improving Your PC's Performance in Windows 10 Home: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, please be nice to give me some "tips for improving PC performance in Windows 10 Home". I also want the operating system to be optimized. I mention that a built-in 8GB RAM and RAM used is 6.93 GB. I checked out last night in Task Manager at the...
  8. Windows slow - general

Windows slow - general: Hi I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803. General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD. If I double click This PC,...
  9. WDT GUI improvements...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WDT GUI improvements...: @ ThemeTeam and those that are good at graphics... I'm re-developing WDT with a modern UI but without XAML. i.e. keeping it portable. With Showkey I'm using a third party for the modern UI, however, I've been working on my own modern UI... Please let me know what I need...
  10. Generalized slow down

Generalized slow down: Over the past couple of weeks I have experienced a general slowing down of software initiation. Programs that used to be up and running in a few seconds are now taking 20 or 25 seconds to get running. I even see delays in how Firefox operated. I see nothing in the Task...