Windows 10: Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!!

Discus and support Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Windows Gurus I usually take system backup via Macrium image - but I decided this time to check reverting back via Windows old using settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jul 12, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!!

Hi Windows Gurus

I usually take system backup via Macrium image - but I decided this time to check reverting back via Windows old using settings -->revert back to previous version of windows.

I had installed 20H1 skip ahead but didn't like it for all sorts of reasons so I decided to revert back -- took about 45 secs using the windows procedure in update and recovery !!! even though the upgrade took around 30 mins.

Using Macrium restore would have taken about 15 mins

so what is "revert back" doing that makes it so fast -- and is it really a complete reversion to your previous windows system.

Anybody got any ideas !!!! Just curious.

So far I can't see that I'm missing anything or have lost activations etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 12, 2019

2. VPN disconnects in every 45 sec

Hi,

I am using the window default VPN, once I am connected to the VPN the VPN connection disconnects automatically after every 45 sec. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Regards,

Narayan

uppunarayan, Jul 12, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!! - Similar Threads - Gurus reverting via

2. Reverting back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back: How to revert back to windows v1803 because all drivers available right now for my PC support this version only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverting-back/543db8ae-4681-4d14-b99f-6326cdf6e10b
  3. Back to my old windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Back to my old windows: My PC had Windows 7 installed and I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free, but it has given me many problems. I want to go back to 7, can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-to-my-old-windows/6eedd3f3-dd04-4fca-ba74-1713dd227a90"
  4. Revert back to windows 7 from 10

Revert back to windows 7 from 10: How do I get windows 7 back on my computer. I installed windows 10 but do not like it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-back-to-windows-7-from-10/3493d33b-0f5e-40ab-a77e-fe7e1fd18068
  5. cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...: Hey, i remember at the begining of september or so cortana had a changed look and was wider.. out of the blue it reverted back to the old look... is this happening to everyone? how do i get the new look back? 119395
  6. Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?: I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad Y510P a long time ago. Recently I went in and did a destructive recovery. It recovers it to Windows 10 even though the specs it came with shows it came with Windows 8. The problem is Lenovo states this laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10....
  7. Reverting back to 8.1...

Reverting back to 8.1...: I "upgraded" to Win 10 using Windows Update. However, given the problems I'm experiencing - Skype won't even connect - I think I'm going to revert to 8.1. My question is...what happens then? Can I use WU to update to 10 again? And if that failed to work out again, can I...
  8. Question about reverting back to Windows 7

Question about reverting back to Windows 7: Hi to all forum members. I have just now upgraded my Windows 7 Acer Aspire 5542G laptop to Windows 10. I do know that I can revert back to Windows 7 and then re-activate Windows 10 at a later date. My question is, if I do revert back to Windows 7 then do a factory reset on my...
  9. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...
  10. Reverting back to windows 8.1

Reverting back to windows 8.1: Good day everyone. I had just installed windows 10 on my pc. I just want to know,if i go back to windows 8.1 will the installed applications that I had on windows 8.1 still be installed if i revert back to my previous windows 8.1. When I installed windows 10 I used an...