Windows 10: Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!!

Discus and support Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Windows Gurus I usually take system backup via Macrium image - but I decided this time to check reverting back via Windows old using settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jul 12, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!!

Hi Windows Gurus

I usually take system backup via Macrium image - but I decided this time to check reverting back via Windows old using settings -->revert back to previous version of windows.

I had installed 20H1 skip ahead but didn't like it for all sorts of reasons so I decided to revert back -- took about 45 secs using the windows procedure in update and recovery !!! even though the upgrade took around 30 mins.

Using Macrium restore would have taken about 15 mins

so what is "revert back" doing that makes it so fast -- and is it really a complete reversion to your previous windows system.

Anybody got any ideas !!!! Just curious.

So far I can't see that I'm missing anything or have lost activations etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 12, 2019

2. VPN disconnects in every 45 sec

Hi,

I am using the window default VPN, once I am connected to the VPN the VPN connection disconnects automatically after every 45 sec. Any suggestion will be helpful.

Regards,

Narayan

uppunarayan, Jul 12, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Gurus - reverting back via windows.old 45 secs !!! - Similar Threads - Gurus reverting via

2. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  3. Revert to old search window

in Cortana
    Revert to old search window: After updating windows, the search window changed. By search window I mean the window which opens after starting to type something with the start menu opened. The new window uses more space and it is not connected to the edge of the screen. I have searched online and the only...
  4. Favorites reverting back to an old sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorites reverting back to an old sync?: submitted by /u/GiusMara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8dapr/favorites_reverting_back_to_an_old_sync/
  5. How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?

How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?: Just installed the October update and I want the old Edge back. The new edge is obviously better as a browser, but as a PDF reader the old edge is way smoother (I run the Chromium version on the Beta channel to not overwrite the original version) How do you revert it back?...
  6. Windows Keeps reverting back to old changes.

Windows Keeps reverting back to old changes.: So I've just switched off from 1798 x 1080p to native resolution. And when I did it just switched me back or made my monitor run at 60hz which is bs since i know that It can handle 75hz on native res because I didn't have to overclock it at all. But it still keeps switching...
  7. Revert to old windows?

Revert to old windows?: I had to wipe windows to remove some issues I was having. I now have windows 10 2004, but I need to have windows 1909 or 1903. Is there anyway I can revert? (Trying to revert in the settings wont work because I completely wiped windows before instead of updating. submitted...
  8. Windows 10 revert back to old update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 revert back to old update?: Hello, I recently had to reset my PC and did not like the new Windows format and everything. A lot of my applications broke from this windows 2004 update and I would like to revert it back to Windows 1909. Is there any way of this as a lot of my friends still have 1909...
  9. SSD 45 secs to boot

SSD 45 secs to boot: Okay i have a lenovo y520 with a 500 Gb SSD and a 1Tb HDD. The windows is obviously on the SSD. Before the time to boot was really low like 10 - 12 secs but now i need to wait 45 SECS. I have all drivers updated btw. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/fbento49...
  10. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...