Windows 10: Windows=HAL ?

Discus and support Windows=HAL ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ribsrobert, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ribsrobert Win User

Windows=HAL ?

I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself from being updated along with refusing to allow printers (that's plural) to be used. The problem started around 3 months ago. After a few years of Windows 10 kicking my printer out I was still able to reinstall it without problems. I don't know why it kept happening but I could reinstall when I needed to print. 3 months ago it did it but would not let printer to be installed and displayed " driver unavailable ". I looked up the problem on the internet and tried several fixes , some multiple times. None worked. Then I tried updating Windows. It could not happen. Current Windows would not allow it. Then I tried resetting Windows. Again it was unsuccessful even after several attempts. Last night I spent around 2 hours with a Microsoft tech who I allowed to run my computer to try to fix Windows. He assured me that my Windows was not updated and proceeded to initiate the process and stated it would fix the problem. It did not. It changed nothing. I'm not sure the update was successful. Windows will still not allow a printer to function and displays same old "driver unavailable" message. Keep in mind that I changed nothing previous to the onset of this problem . I don't use the pc a whole lot and printing is the main thing I have it for. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ribsrobert, Sep 6, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 7, 2018
  4. HasibulKabir Win User

Windows=HAL ?

Windows 10 Crashes On Return From Sleep - HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED - hal!HalFlushCommonBuffer+0x95B7

You should force restart, If it doesn't do it automatically. Then boot into safe mode and follow these steps that are explained here: HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED - How to Fix - XtremeRain

Specially, Method 8 from there is awesome. It will help you to find out problematic drivers or services which are causing hal initialization failed and fix it.

HasibulKabir, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows=HAL ?

1. Windows=HAL ? - Similar Threads - Windows=HAL

2. upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English: I recently purchased a laptop from china which has windows 10 home installed on it and I cannot read it. I tried changing the language to English using many different methods and all were unsuccessful. From my understanding the version of windows that I have only allows one...
  3. Newest Windows Update corrupted

Newest Windows Update corrupted: 2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4467702) seems to be corrupted. My computer has been trying and failing to install this update over and over again for the past couple hours but the update files are corrupted (I'm getting error...
  4. what happens if i copy windows 7 system32 folder and paste in windows 10

what happens if i copy windows 7 system32 folder and paste in windows 10: Ihave new modern pc and i can use windows ,xp or 7 because i have Uefi GPT bios and i only can use windows 8, 10 and linux systems so im installed windows 10 and what happens if i copy windows 7 system32 folder and paste in windows 10, do this works! (sorry for my bad...
  5. I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro to get bitlocker -- error 0x8004259a prevents activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro to get bitlocker -- error 0x8004259a prevents activation: Hi, I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro, paid $99 for the sole purpose of getting bitlocker which is required for me to use. When I try to activate bitlocker I get the following error: A problem occurred during BitLocker setup. You may need to restart BitLocker setup to...
  6. I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC: When I attempted to connect my Gmail/Google account to my Windows account in Settings, I received an error code. This happened repeatedly, even though my internet connection is working fine and I have enabled account connecting in my Google settings. Also, when I go to my...
  7. Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken windows key & ms-settings:personalisation-background: On my surface laptop my windows key stopped working. Along with some microsoft default apps. I don't get any icons when I swipe from the left or right on the screen and I cant tap the windows key to open the menu. The settings menu cannot also be accessed. I can find all...
  8. Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10’s File Association bug with Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10’s File Association bug with Insiders: The latest October and November 2018 cumulative updates for Windows 10 has a bug that prevents some users from setting a default app for specific files. Microsoft has already acknowledged the problem in release notes of the Windows 10 cumulative update and the fix is expected...
  9. What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18282 for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18282 for Insiders: After releasing Windows 10 October 2018 Update to the general public, Microsoft is now Windows 10 Build 18282 to Insiders with several improvements. Windows 10 Build 18282 is now available and it advances the work towards the next major OS feature update codenamed 19H1. New...
  10. Windows Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Password: I have read the answers to the Community's question: What is a Windows password and no one answers it.They bring up the Microsoft password and then are asked if that is the Window's password and no one says YES or NO. Why is it so hard to say yes or no? ( to make this...