Windows 10: Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME

Discus and support Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Lenovo Y520 laptop from using HDD to M.2 NVME. I don't remember what software did I used to clone Windows drive to M.2 drive. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shafqramli, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME

I have upgraded my Lenovo Y520 laptop from using HDD to M.2 NVME. I don't remember what software did I used to clone Windows drive to M.2 drive.

Now after inactivity without input Windows will hang and output no video whether through HDMI or on the laptop monitor.

I think I've heard Linus from Linus TechTip mentioned about this kind of similar bug when he is rebuilding his server using NVME and Windows 10 on his video about 2/3 days ago and thus he went to Linux.

So how to fix this problem?

submitted by /u/shafqramli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shafqramli, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Js3199 Win User

Migrating Windows 10 from m.2 sata to new pcie nvme ssd

Hello all,

I'm going to upgrade my current m.2 sata 128gb to a m.2 pcie nvme 480gb and have questions about migrating Windows over. From my understanding since i have a laptop and cant connect both drives at the same time and pcie nvme isnt supported externally I was
    going to try and create a restore disk of my current drive and then image it to my new drive. Will this work?

Again my process will be, create rescue disk and image to usb, power down and swap drives, enable usb boot to my usb and power on, run the rescue disk and image to my new pcie nvme ssd.

Does anyone see problems with this? Do I need a large usb or will 32gb work for a 128gb ssd?

Js3199, Feb 6, 2020
  3. about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME

How to reinstall windows completely on an m.2 nvme drive

How to reinstall windows completely on an m.2 nvme drive

cclark4379, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME

1. Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME - Similar Threads - hang responding migrate

2. How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD: As the title says, I want to transfer windows from my HDD to the SSD I'm going to add so that boot times and stuff doesn't take forever. I really don't care about losing data/apps/documents that are in the HDD, I just want to transfer Windows to the SSD and I'll start from...
  3. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  4. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  5. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD: I am using Windows 10 installed on the HDD on my Lenovo S340 model. I want to upgrade it with NVMe SSD. How can I migrate the OS from HDD to SSD without having to reinstall it?...
  7. HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme: [ATTACH]Hi, ive installed a second M.2 NVME drive into my x570 MSI Gaming Edge board to replace 2 old Samsung EVO ssd´s and now my WD Black 1tb HDD is not in explorer but is in device manager->Disk Drives and is giving this error in Disk management events. Things i have...
  8. HDD "device not mitigated" after second m.2 nvme

HDD "device not mitigated" after second m.2 nvme: [ATTACH]Hi, ive installed a second M.2 NVME drive into my x570 MSI Gaming Edge board to replace 2 old Samsung EVO ssd´s and now my WD Black 1tb HDD is not in explorer but is in device manager->Disk Drives and is giving this error in Disk management events. Things i have...
  9. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

cloning hdd to NVMe m.2: if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloning-hdd-to-nvme-m2/a8055614-e138-453d-a75f-15a6d457735e
  10. Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware: I need help! I upgraded my computer to a ROG x570-I motherboard and Ryzen 9 3900 processor; and while i was at it, I cloned my m.2 ssd with windows from Arconis and moved it to a new "rocket" gen4 m.2 using the pcie. It won't boot. Asus doesn't show it in the boot drive...