Windows 10: Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update

Discus and support Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello PC hang when I load it after the last update. The desktop is showed and PC start to load item from the toolbar ( the one next the clock). 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Mar 3, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update

Hello

PC hang when I load it after the last update. The desktop is showed and PC start to load item from the toolbar ( the one next the clock). 2 application are loaded then system is hanged. Cursor is displaying a small circle and that it

I could load PC in safe mode.
    PC has 3 hard drive.

I did the chkdsk and SFC /scannow on each drive, No error found

Win 10 diagnostic report error found, but when I look in the Event manager, I don't see what is the problem.

There is probably a corrupt file, but how do I diagnose that?

Martin

:)

arjfca, Mar 3, 2016

2. Upgrade to Win 10

I tried to upgrade my win7 SP1, 32bit to windows 10 via media creation tool. It downloaded the whole windows but the media creation tool hangs up at some point after creating media for win 10, and the last status was something like

"restart required after win 10 updates to configure...."

Please help what to do.

NirmitDhagga, Mar 3, 2016
  3. JearlRugh Win User
    Windows 10 update stuck at 0%

I'm trying to upgrade Win 7 Starter (on a Toshiba Net Book) to Win 10. It hangs on Windows Update. Although the Win 10 Installer hung on the updates, using a manual search, I successfully uploaded 54 updates and they installed last night.

Today, though, the updates not only hang in the Win 10 installer, but also when I try to manually update. When I open the window to manually search for updates, it tells me the last updates were done in July 2015, not last night, as if the hours it took
    to install never happened.

• I checked the Update settings and found they were set to automatic.
    • I tried the Windows Update troubleshooter as described above, but it seems to hang on that too.
    • I've gone through the clean boot method, but still the troubleshoot just hangs on "Checking for options online..."
    • I tried the System File Checker tool with no results.

So, except for spending an inordinate amount of hours in the last two days, I'm no further along than when I started yesterday afternoon.

I'm perplexed.

JearlRugh, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update

Is this the new march update? My installation also got affected, got noticed of disk errors and my taskbar is useless. No start menu or notification center.

Supertaquito, Mar 3, 2016
  5. arjfca Win User
    I did a Restore point and problem was resolved

I still got some little problem with some application, but overall I can work.

Martin

arjfca, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update

1. Windows hang on desktop after last Win 10 update - Similar Threads - hang desktop last

2. Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen started after LAST update Win 10: My computer keeps shutting down automatically. I am getting the blue screen with stop code Memory Management. I ran the memory diagnostic and found no errors. I searched for answers the last 3 days and every time I get to something that says to go to my command prompt...I...
  3. Win 10 update hangs after default install change

Win 10 update hangs after default install change: Hello, I had a clean install of Win 10 on small SSD. Added large HDD as D drive. Installed only a couple of primary programs on C. At someone's suggestion I changed default location of programs by changing registry to point to D. Everything worked exactly as I wanted...
  4. Win 10 update hangs after default install channge

Win 10 update hangs after default install channge: Hello, I had a clean install of Win 10 on small SSD. Added large HDD as D drive. Installed only a couple of primary programs on C. At someone's suggestion I changed default location of programs by changing registry to point to D. Everything worked exactly as I wanted...
  5. Win 10 Startup hangs at desktop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Startup hangs at desktop screen: I recently reinstalled Win 10 completely because of the issue described below. I have only installed a couple of my regularly used applications, and now the same issue has recurred. I think the reinstall was version 1907 but I Can't check that. Startup appears to be quite...
  6. Windows 10 desktop hangs after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 desktop hangs after login: Hi, Everytime i log in to Windows 10, it is not possible to do anything. The taskbar loads up but i can't click on it, it only shows the spinning circle. The desktop icons don't show up and ctrl alt del work's but if i press on task manager it won't load up. Suddenly after a...
  7. last 2 win 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    last 2 win 10 updates: Since the last 2 updates, when I start Edge my screen has began blinking again, also when using other apps the sound cuts in and out. I spend most of time fixing things on win 10, searching for "CORRECT" solution which very seldom getting the correct answer. So disgusted...
  8. Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update

Multiple problems with Win 10 after last update: I am having massive issues with my Win 10. I think it was the last update but I am not sure. -Windows is taking between 25 and 40 mins to boot. Was a few seconds. -Discord opens but gets stuck on checking for updates. -Comodo doesnt start. -Trying to reinstall/fix Commodo...
  9. The last Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The last Win 10 Update: HELP!! following the last Windows 10 update on my desktop PC I have internet problems, when using the MS trouble shooters I get the message's "required protocols are missing" and/or "service registration is missing or corrupt". Plus I cannot reset my Microsoft account, I...
  10. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....