Windows 10: Windows hang, possibly from turning off display

Discus and support Windows hang, possibly from turning off display in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’ve got a Dell Latitude 3590 laptop that hangs every now and then when transitioning states. Most of the time putting it to sleep or hibernating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RizzKid1, May 26, 2022.

1. RizzKid1 Win User

Windows hang, possibly from turning off display

I’ve got a Dell Latitude 3590 laptop that hangs every now and then when transitioning states. Most of the time putting it to sleep or hibernating worked fine, but sometimes it would do a clean boot during startup, causing me to lose documents that had been left open. This occurred when running Windows 10, and it continues on the Windows 11 that I’ve been running for months. Having read dozens of posts about similar issues, I tried most of their suggestions, and things appeared to be fixed, but it struck again last night. It seems that the Dell machine doesn’t support sleep mode, so at thi

:)

RizzKid1, May 26, 2022
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), May 26, 2022
  3. Cobra-CRU Win User
    Dual display in main window for SLI/Crossfire

W1z,

First of all, I want to thank you for writing such an excellent tool.

After using it for few days, I would like to make a suggestion or two, if you agree that they would be useful.

Would it be possible to move the 'Use Device' list box to the main window, or even better, display the clock settings for both cards on the main window if SLI/Crossfire are enabled?

Also, adding the ability to save both cards clock/fan settings in a single profile would be a welcome addition so that both cards can be OC'ed on startup.

Thanks again!

Cobra-CRU, May 26, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows hang, possibly from turning off display - Similar Threads - hang possibly turning

2. Windows hang, possibly from turning off display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hang, possibly from turning off display: I’ve got a Dell Latitude 3590 laptop that hangs every now and then when transitioning states. Most of the time putting it to sleep or hibernating worked fine, but sometimes it would do a clean boot during startup, causing me to lose documents that had been left open. This...
  3. display randomly turns off

display randomly turns off: since i updated windows there have been randomly turning off after startup but the cpu seems to be running and audio also stops. sometimes it happens just for the first start then i restart the computer and it doesn't occur after for whole session. it happens only when i...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  5. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  6. display not turning off

7. Is it possible to turn off updating display settings across all displays used by the same...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to turn off updating display settings across all displays used by the same...: I have 3 displays im my gameroom. My laptop which uses my tv as a second screen. I use this for streaming shows or twitch. And my gaming pc which is used only for gaming. My issue is my gaming pc monitor is really nice where as my laptop and tv dont have the same quality....
  8. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...