Windows 10: Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files

Discus and support Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having regular Hangs / Crashes when trying to save files. It can happen with any programme. It often happens when I try to save a picture using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris Nicola, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files

I am having regular Hangs / Crashes when trying to save files. It can happen with any programme. It often happens when I try to save a picture using Chrome. It also sometimes happens with office saving word files or with Photoshop elements saving PSD files or with the snipping tool saving a screen capture. In fact it can happen with any programme on my system when trying to save or save-as which leads me to the conclusion its a Win 10 problem. Typically a crippled save window pops up and just hangs and the save button on the bottom right is missing. It's not possible to write any file name. I can close the crippled window after clicking the "X" a few times and I have the option of reporting to Microsoft. So I don't need to use the task manager.

Has anyone experiences a similar problem and found a fix? Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    BIOS Save to file crashes

Do you mean a crash OR freeze? I get the same issues, but not crashing - I get a total freeze of the PC, requiring a hard reset. Using GIGABYTE GTX 670 GeForce card here, on Windows 8.1 Pro OS.

Yes, what is your Windows OS version - 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10 Preview?
    And what antivirus software do you use?
    Also, try saving your BIOS via NVFlash instead of GPU-Z - does that work or crash?
    You can download NVFlash here:
    NVIDIA NVFlash (5.590.0) Download

It runs from a Windows Command Prompt. To save your GPU's BIOS, enter the command:
    nvflash --save 660.rom
    (where you can change 660 to any other file name you wish)

Make sure to do this once only. Doing it a second time, please specify another file name, or else NVFlash will try to flash your BIOS instead of reading it only.

4. peach1971 Win User

Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files

1. Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files - Similar Threads - Hanging Crashing Saving

2. File explorer crashing when refreshing - hang code 134217728

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashing when refreshing - hang code 134217728: Recently, file explorer has started crashing whenever I do some actions from the context menu e.g. refresh and the desktop icons do not show on startup for around 3 minutes. I have done many checks including chkdsk, DISM and SFC, but the problem persists. I believe File...
  3. File explorer crashing when refreshing - hang code 134217728

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crashing when refreshing - hang code 134217728: Recently, file explorer has started crashing whenever I do some actions from the context menu e.g. refresh and the desktop icons do not show on startup for around 3 minutes. I have done many checks including chkdsk, DISM and SFC, but the problem persists. I believe File...
  4. File explorer crashing when refreshing - hang code 134217728

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File directory hangs when saving file as

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File directory hangs when saving file as: File directory hangs when saving file as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-directory-hangs-when-saving-file-as/268e022c-860e-464e-9949-e48b9e3056f7
  6. File directory hangs when saving file as

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File directory hangs when saving file as: File directory hangs when saving file as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-directory-hangs-when-saving-file-as/268e022c-860e-464e-9949-e48b9e3056f7
  7. File directory hangs when saving file as

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash/hang/badness: I have seen this question for many years. Has there ever been a resolution?So, i have a great number of machines/users who are experiencing File Manager Explorer continually crash. I have replaced machines to said users. Explorer still crashes. Windows 10 clean build Explorer...
  9. WTCAD Application crash when saving files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WTCAD Application crash when saving files: I keep getting this crash on one computer running Windows 10 x64. My laptop running the same program and same version of Windows runs fine. Here are the two errors generated: Source Watchtower CAD 3.1.010 Summary Stopped working Date ‎11/‎15/‎2019 5:24 AM Status Report...
  10. Word 2016 hangs at saving file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2016 hangs at saving file: Hello guys! I have Windows 10 build 1703 and Office 2016 x64 installed on it. When I try to save or print any Word file it hangs. When I diconnect from Internet - everything is fine. Could you please help me solving the problem? 87751

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happen when saving files on windows phone