Windows 10: windows hangs after being idle

Discus and support windows hangs after being idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tushar_gamer, May 19, 2019.

1. windows hangs after being idle

I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power options hard disk is already set to 0 minutes

:)

tushar_gamer, May 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 19, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Jonas Flo Win User

windows hangs after being idle

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, May 19, 2019
Thema:

windows hangs after being idle

1. windows hangs after being idle - Similar Threads - hangs being idle

2. Windows hangs when left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows hangs when left idle: Hi, I started getting this weird bug, if I let mi PC idle for a few minutes when trying to work ok it again it "hangs" i can still move the mouse, interact with the previously opened windows (kinda) but cannot open new programs, actualize a page on chrome, open the start...
  3. Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?: So I've been dealing with this for a while and everything I can find is either from 2015-16 or simply hasn't worked. Basically my volume will jump to near maximum whenever it's been silent for a few moments, namely when I pause a video and unpause it later or when I get a...
  4. Laptop hangs up when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop hangs up when idle: Hi, My laptop casually hangs up when I am not using it for example it is on stand by, the moment I use it again it hangs up. Performed tweaks but the issue remains it was after an update and it went like this. Any recommendation on this one? Thanks, Mike 114178
  5. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...
  6. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle: Hi there! *Biggrin I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made. Everything seems to be working fine - except my Beats Wireless headset. I notice now that whenever I stop playing audio for a...
  7. Windows 10 Unresponsive After Being Idle - Cannot See Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Unresponsive After Being Idle - Cannot See Desktop Icons: Windows 10 Unresponsive After Being Idle Cannot See Desktop Icons. Mouse not working. I have tried Startup Repair, usually by using the "Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a Hard Reboot," since it is the only way I can get my PC to respond. Does anyone have any...
  8. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

Windows 10 black screening after being left idle: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It...
  9. OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle

OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle: I have tried everything. I have changed to never in every area that is offered by my system. I have even changed it in hkey and STILL at various (meaning when it feels the need to change) it either changes or sleeps after 15 minutes. Id done it three times already, this last...
  10. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...