Windows 10: windows hangs after being idle

Discus and support windows hangs after being idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tushar_gamer, May 19, 2019.

1. windows hangs after being idle

I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power options hard disk is already set to 0 minutes

:)

tushar_gamer, May 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 19, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Jonas Flo Win User

windows hangs after being idle

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, May 19, 2019
Thema:

windows hangs after being idle

1. windows hangs after being idle - Similar Threads - hangs being idle

2. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling - cpu issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after long time idling - cpu issue?: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games...
  3. Laptop freeing up after being idle

Laptop freeing up after being idle: About a month ago, my laptop started freezing up when I leave it idle for around 5 minutes or so. I have the latest updates, and about 20 GB of memory left in my ssd. Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix?...
  4. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games...
  5. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so...
  6. PC freezes after being left idle

PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...
  7. programs closing automatically after being idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs closing automatically after being idle: I have been told there is a setting to change within Windows 10 to stop programs that we keep open from automatically closing after they have been idle for a while. Can someone walk me through these settings?...
  8. Computer Locks Up After Being Idle

Computer Locks Up After Being Idle: If I leave my PC idle for some time (not asleep) when I go back to it it's very slow The cursor movement is extremely laggy and I hear a beeping sound with every click (and the clicks do not register). I have to restart the PC, which is incredibly tedious. This happens very...
  9. Windows hangs when left idle

Windows hangs when left idle: Hi, I started getting this weird bug, if I let mi PC idle for a few minutes when trying to work ok it again it "hangs" i can still move the mouse, interact with the previously opened windows (kinda) but cannot open new programs, actualize a page on chrome, open the start...
  10. Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio spiking dramatically after being idle?: So I've been dealing with this for a while and everything I can find is either from 2015-16 or simply hasn't worked. Basically my volume will jump to near maximum whenever it's been silent for a few moments, namely when I pause a video and unpause it later or when I get a...